Chapter 23 (Training Camp)

The week before the training camp passed slowly, while you couldn't take from your mind the date you had with Nishinoya.

You pouted at the image of his sad expression after the conversation you two had and the game of truth or dare. You couldn't help but to think you should have done something about it.

The day after the event, Hitoka went to your house and you told her everything that happened. She didn't know what to say at first, but she told you to not give up and talk to him as soon as you were able to.

And that brings you to the day of the trip. Standing in front of the school early in the morning with your blonde friend panting by your side, it reminded you so much of the first day of school.

And your thoughts on that moment were around the same person as in that day: Nishinoya.

Hitoka and you walked towards the bus, which was parked in front of the building. It was early, so only the coach and the teacher were there. They greeted you two and told you that you could already enter the bus and wait for the rest of the team inside.

You were surprised to see Daichi and Asahi already there. You greeted them and sat with Hitoka in one of the first pair of seats.

"There are still 15 minutes left" She said, looking at her phone. You let out a sigh. At least you were on the side of the window, so you could rest your head in the crystal.

While your eyes wandered around the still dark school's surroundings, your mind started to rush with thoughts about the trip.

Will you have the courage to speak to Nishinoya? What if he didn't want to talk to you?

You even tried to text him during that week, saying that you were sorry, but he didn't reply. Certainly, you were nervous about this situation's outcome.

You decided to stop thinking about it as, eventually, your eyes closed welcome slumber.

When your eyes opened again, the bus was already moving. Your eyes went to the window, as you saw the unfamiliar streets of the suburbs of Tokyo. You turned to Hitoka, who was still sleeping, and then looked at the rest of the bus. 

Shimizu and Sugawara were sitting in the seats right behind you. Sugawara had his eyes closed and his arms crossed as Shimizu calmly looked at the window. The rest of the bus were tranquil as well, as they were either sleeping or playing with their phone, like Tsukishima. However, you couldn't see Nishinoya from the seat you where in.

It wasn't long until the bus stopped in front of Nekoma's school, where the training camp was going to take place. You then realised that part of the Nekoma's team was waiting in the entrance for Karasuno.

You'll stay there for two days and a night, while in a couple of weeks there would be another training camp longer; about six days and a night. You were excited to spend so much time with your friends, and also for been able to meet pretty amazing players from Tokyo.

You lightly shook Hitoka to wake her up and then exited the bus with the rest of the team. As Daichi and the third years greeted Kuuro and the other members of Nekoma, you heard some familiar yells. You turned to see Nishinoya and Tanaka lively looking at a communication tower, gaining laughs from the rest.

The moment you saw Nishinoya, you begin to walk towards him, but you stopped when you felt someone's hand in your shoulder. You were surprised to see that it was the black haired boy from Nekoma.

"Hey, (Y/N). Long time no see." Kuuro said, waving at you with his other hand.

You smiled and greeted at him. It was good to see him. You honestly thought he was an amazing player, but you didn't feel like talking to him on that moment. The only thing in your mind was Nishinoya.