Chapter 5 (Confused)

That same night you received a text from Nishinoya. You quickly added him to your contact list.

[Noya-senpai]:
Hello, (Y/N)-san?

[(Y/N)]:
Hello :3

[Noya-senpai]:
Now that we have each others numbers, I guess we're friends ;)

[(Y/N)]:
Of course! I'm glad I finally got to meet you.

[(Y/N)]:
I had fun today ^^

[Noya-senpai]:
Haha, you say it like I am some kind of idol

[(Y/N)]:
You kinda are to me xD

Nishinoya felt once again that feeling against his chest. He was lying on his bed, with the phone on his hands, a blush, along with a smile forming on his face. (Y/N) had told him about all the things he have done to her in Junior School. He was surprised of the fact that he influenced someone to that point, and also without noticing it.

[Noya-senpai]:
Wow, thank you xD

[Noya-senpai]:
By the way, do you mind if we meet up in lunch time? I want to introduce you to Asahi.

[(Y/N)]:
Okay, I'm in! And I told that I was gonna help you convince him

[(Y/N)]:
I'm sure he will return~

[Noya-senpai]:
Hehe, thank you. Then I'll see you tomorrow. Don't stay up too late~

[(Y/N)]:
Sure, goodnight Noya-senpai!

[Noya-senpai]:
Sleep tight, (Y/N)-san

You turned off your phone and placed it in your desk. Nishinoya was way nicer than you have expected. You are glad that you two became friends so quickly. Feeling eager to the next day, you went to bed and rested.

The walk to school was quiet. It was strange, because almost all the time you would be babbling about volleyball with Hitoka. But this time you were thinking. 'I haven't heard anything about the female volleyball team' you thought. You didn't like the female team of Chidoriyama. It was full of mean girls, which were always getting themselves in troubles. Specially, one of them was this girl who used to taunted you about your height and looks. She was once a friend, but since she started to hang out with those conceited girls from your school, she started to change. So you decided that it was better to not get involved with her again, even if that means you couldn't play volleyball in a team.

But now you were in other school. Girls could be very mean sometimes, and you have experienced it before. The fear of seeing yourself in a team with others laughing at you backed you out, so you immediately went to the male team. As a manager, you would be able to help other people improve in volleyball, and what's more, you would be able to see Nishinoya there.

You entered your class with Hitoka, putting your things down in your desk. You two were early, so you decided to stood by the window, looking at the people walking while Hitoka talked with a classmate about a group project. Your eyes wandered to the entrance of the school, recognizing a gracious blond lock of a certain boy. He was going alone, at a fast pace. Suddenly, his eyes went up, to the window you were and your glances met. He smiled at you and waved his hand. You giggled and waved back, only to his smile to become wider.

On that moment, you felt someone behind you. Your blonde friend has seen everything "Huhuhu, (Y/N)-chan, are you sure you are not dating that boy?" She asked with a malicious look on her face. "Hitoka! He's a friend I met yesterday. The guy from Chidoriyama who I told you about already." You sighed, feeling your face reddening. "Yeah, yeah,... Then I'll change the question, do you like him?" She kept insisting. "What? N-Not at all. Just like friends" you said, but she still wasn't convinced. "Your face tells me otherwise" she told you and finally left you alone, with your blushing face. After a few minutes, the teacher came to the classroom and told you all to sit down.

Meanwhile, Nishinoya saw you until you had to go away from the window. He, like you, didn't know that a friend was watching all of it. Tanaka sped up to catch up with Nishinoya, and gave him an elbow hit. "I see you're getting along very well with (Y/N)-san, right?" he said, looking at Nishinoya's face while they were still walking. "Ryuu, don't say it like that!" he pouted and Tanaka smirked. "I see. Then, what do you think about her?" the shave head boy asked. Nishinoya thought for a moment, getting a little nervous. "Well, she's really nice and fun to be around with. She also likes volleyball and she's good at receiving. She'll do well as a libero" he answered "And also, she's pretty cute" he added, in a lower voice. Tanaka roared with laughter.

The taller boy thought for a moment and then looked back at his friend "So you have a crush on her" he concluded and continued teasing Nishinoya. "Oh man, I can't believe you're getting a girl before me!"

They were already at the corridor, but as Tanaka entered their classroom, Nishinoya stood outside of it, quiet. Tanaka turned confused. "Don't act like she likes me already. She probably thinks of me as a friend, we literally met just yesterday" he mumbled. Tanaka approached him slowly, not used to see his friend like that and still surprised of Nishinoya's words.

"So, you really like her?" he asked seriously. Nishinoya has been thinking about it since he met you. He surely like being with you and he was still confused about the reason why his heart pounded so hard when he thought of you. But then, it was too soon to say anything about feelings.

"I don't know" he answered his friend and then walked past him, going towards his desk.