Chapter Two

Gaga's POV:

I woke up the next day with Summer still on my mind; her flawless green eyes, even prettier than mine, her perfect black hair, her soft sweet lips. I pulled out my phone and started a text. "Hi it's Gaga. Wanna meet somewhere for coffee this morning?" It took a minute but my phone finally dinged, "I don't think that's a good idea. I'm sorry, my boyfriend wasn't too happy when I got home last night." "Oh come on, it's just coffee!" Finally she agreed and told me to meet her at Romero's. I ran into my bathroom, threw on my fishnets, studded underwear, black see through blouse, and ran out the door. Once I got there I waited about five minutes, until I finally saw the beautiful black hair I was looking for. When she walked in I stood up and gave her a hug, which caused her to wince. "What's the matter?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows. "Oh, uh, nothing. Just stiff, I slept weird last night." she said, looking down. I nodded, unsure of whether or not to believe her. We ordered our coffees and sat in a booth and started to talk. Our coffees were brought to us, and Summer looked down at hers, causing her hair to fall away from her face. "What happened?" I asked, seeing a dark mark underneath her eye. It had clearly been covered with makeup, but was still visible once her hair was out of the way. She immediately covered it with her hand, "Um, nothing. It-It's nothing." I squinted, "Well you see, I didn't say specifically where I was meaning. The fact that you knew I meant your face shows that something happened." She stared down at the table, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "Summer, please tell me what happened.." I begged, taking her hand into mine, seeing an even darker mark around her wrist. She let her head drop and let a few tears fall down her face. I got up and sat next to her, putting my arm around her tightly. "It's just Ryan, my boyfriend..." she whispered, "last night when I got home he saw some of your lipstick on me and he freaked out... and... he just attacked me." I felt my heart drop and anger run through me. "Your boyfriend did this to you?" I asked. She nodded, then shrugged "It's not the first time though. It doesn't even matter." "It most definitely does matter! If this isn't the first time why are you still with him?" I yelled, making her wince. "I'm sorry, it's just, you deserve so much better than that." She looked at me with teary eyes, and stared into my mine. "Do I?" I nodded, "Of course you do. Summer, look at you. You deserve everything. You especially don't deserve to be hurt though. No one does." We locked eyes and I leaned in and placed my lips on hers, feeling her relax a bit. Her soft lips kissed mine hungrily, and I felt her smile. "Let's go back to my place." I whispered, running my hand up and down her arm. She looked at me with hesitation. "He was so angry... I just, I don't want to piss him off more." I shrugged, "He never has to know." She looked into my eyes, and I watched her long eyelashes sway as she blinked. "I don't know, it just feels wrong. He is my boyfriend." "That is true, but if he hurts you then you've got to cut him off. I understand if you can't get out right away, but you need to try to make it happen." She nodded, letting out a long sigh. "Okay. Let's go." I smiled widely, taking her hand and leading her out of the coffee shop.

We got back to my place and I got us some drinks, as she made herself comfortable on my couch. We got to talking, and she told me all about herself. She was a bartender at a club that I used to go to all the time with my friends. She was in college studying psychology, but when her parents kicked her out and she had to move in with Ryan, she had to stop going to save money. The more I learned about her the more I fell in love with her. When I first saw her I knew she was something special, she just had that look about her, but one conversation with her proved it to me. Learning all about her truly just had it set, and I knew there was no way I could let her go. After so long of watching and listening to her I just couldn't help myself anymore and leaned in close to her. She stopped talking and stared up at me longingly. "Gaga, I don't know if we should do this." She whispered, but more like she was trying to convince herself of that. I pressed my lips against hers gently, letting her have control of the pace. Within seconds she had pulled me close and was hungrily kissing me again. It's like everything she had been lacking with Ryan was suddenly being fulfilled, and I saw a tear roll down her cheek as she continued to hold me closer and closer to her. After a moment I started to carefully remove her shirt, and she lifted her arms allowing access. I reconnected our lips and set my hands on her waist. Moments later though she got panicky and pushed me away. I was confused at first until I saw her clumsily trying to cover the dark bruises all over her torso. "Summer..." I gasped, "Did he do this to you?" I began to gently run my fingers along the dark blue marks, and she sat silently. "Summer?" I asked again, lifting her head so our eyes met. "Yes." She said shakily, "He just got so mad because of the lipstick. He didn't know what he was doing." She stammered. I let out a sarcastic laugh. "He most definitely knew what he was doing." I could tell my reaction upset her, so I backed off a bit and gave her a moment. "I mean it, you have to leave him. I will give you a month. I know it can be tricky to get out of these situations, but I'm here to help you out with anything you might need. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, whatever you need. Til the end of the month... Okay?" She nodded, and I kissed the top of her head. "September 30th."

Little did I know the next month was going to be both the best and worst of my life.