⪻ 03 ⪼

Dedicated to the wonderful and absolutely lovely reader that is ssofia12

If you want a dedication all you have to do is vote and leave loads of comments!

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"Oh my God, Edward!"

The tears that I thought I could contain once I was reunited with my brother were set free upon seeing his slightly scratched up face. If it weren't for Dr. Horan's hand on my unstitched shoulder I would have bolted from the chair.

Edward is apparently a bit more mobile than I, scrambling his small frame off his bed and into my lap at bedside.

I can hear Dr. Horan slightly scolding him about his IV, but I pay no attention to him whilst I gather my young brother in my arms.

Sobs rack through my body as I hold him close to my broken body, my hand gently gliding over his brown locks whilst the other gives him countless squeezes. I don't think I've ever hugged him so tightly in my entire life.

"Oh baby, you're okay. You're okay."

I'm unsure if my words are actually directed towards Edward or if I'm really just trying to reassure myself that he's alright and practically unharmed.

"I'm okay, Annie. How are you? Niall said that you had a boo-boo, just like me."

The innocent child pulls slightly from me, settling down on my lap and looking at me from head to toe. I nod my head slightly and can't help but fight the smile from my lips at his statement.

"Yeah, I've got a boo-boo or two. But don't you worry, mister, we'll be back to playing footie in no time." I say, sweeping his locks from his forehead to get a look at the stitched-up cut on the skin.

"Niall said that he likes football too, isn't that so cool! Maybe once we go home he can come over and play with us!"

"Yeah, maybe."

Edward takes notice of the tears streaming down my cheeks and places his hands on either sides of my face, giving it a little squish.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm just so happy to see you, that's all." Edward squirms a bit and against my will I release him from my lap. He gets up and stands beside the wheelchair, touching at the wheels and handles.

He's always been so enthralled with new things and I don't think he's ever really seen a wheelchair up close. His little head hangs after a bit of curiosity towards my chair and a pout takes over.

"Where's mummy and daddy?"

The air almost gets sucked out of my lungs at his question and my eyes begin to burn with a new set of tears. I knew he'd be curious, he always has been, but I figured I had a little time without the question being brought forth.

"Um..."

"Hey, Edward." Niall gives my shoulder a small pat and points to the bed. "Bud, let's get back into bed, yeah?"

Thankfully, Niall interrupted when he did: I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't here.

Edward forgets about the question entirely and walks over to Niall, the boy standing only about as high as Niall's hip. Niall lifts Edward up off the ground and puts him back in bed, making sure that the IV and wires are intact.Surprisingly, they still are, despite practically diving from the bed earlier.

"Annie, is Niall your doctor too? He's really cool. He gave me two green jellies when I got my stitches! I love green jelly. And he said that if I behave and be polite I'll get a chocolate custard," Edward looks around the room as if looking for someone listening in before redirecting his attention to me, "for breakfast."