⪻ 40 ⪼

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"Do doctors typically eat a lot of dessert or do they tend to stick to a couple nibbles of a sweet?"

It's been about a week's time since my day trip to Holmes Chapel with Harry and I've been busy ever since. My days are spent researching numbers, baking trial sweets for the charity ball, and everything in between. It was discovered very quickly that the charity ball is on behalf of the cancer ward at Harry's hospital, meaning he'll be in attendance, as well as Niall.

Anyhow, I've been busy preparing everything and raising a five-year old on the side. Despite the stress, I've been having an immense amount of fun planning and getting back into baking.

"Belle." Harry snapping his fingers in front of my face draws me out of the trance I had been sitting in. He chuckles at my shocked expression and scoots closer to me on the sofa.

We're currently sitting in my lounge, an animated film on the telly in front of us. Edward sits on the floor, his full attention on the screen. Harry suggested a day watching films after our outdoor plans were cancelled due to the heavily falling rain outside. But I didn't mind one bit, it gave me an excuse to get some work done.

"What? Sorry." I apologize, earning a shush from Edward.

"I said, it depends on the doctor, love." I chuckle at his response though it's not really helpful in anyway. "Some like sweets more than others and some are too far gone in the study of the human body that they repulse sugar."

"You're not really helping."

"I like sweets more than the normal doctor." Harry suggestively whispers, throwing a strong arm around my shoulders before peppering kisses against the side of my face.

"Knock it off, I'm trying to work."

"You're so cute when you're concentrating." I roll my eyes despite the blush creeping on my cheeks and move Harry's face away from mine with my hand.

"And you're cute when you're quiet." I whisper in response. Harry laughs at me and kisses me on the cheek more forcefully. His lips distract me briefly to the point where Harry's closed my laptop and tried to pry it off my lap.

"You're quite sassy today, aren't you." He mumbles deeply in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

If my little brother weren't in the room, I'd push Harry off me, shove all my work aside, and have a furious make out session with the attractive doctor I'm dating. But Edward is in the room, though enthralled with the film it's still inappropriate.

"Harry, I'm trying to focus." I tell him, pushing him lightly off me again. Harry rolls his eyes playfully, no longer kissing me, but still sitting practically on top of me. "I want to do a good job with this charity event and I really don't want to let your mum down." The excuse on the list of reasons why we couldn't have a makeout session.

"You won't let her down, I promise." Harry tells me as I wiggle out from his grasp and stand to my feet.

Edward complains as I step in front of his viewing of the telly on my way to the kitchen and he is soon to complain again when Harry follows me. Opening the refrigerator and bending down to look for some of the sweets I prepared earlier today before Harry came over, I feel a hand smack against my bum, causing a light yelp to fly out of my mouth.

"Harry!" I hiss at him, peering into the lounge to see Edward not having moved a muscle. "Why so sexual today?" I wonder, chuckling to myself at the end of my question. Turning back to look at Harry, I see him shrug his shoulders with a devilish smirk upon his lips.