⪻ 23 ⪼

⪻⪻⪼⪼

H.

For some reason, I'm nervous.

I'd been on plenty of dates in the past, even an amazing one with Belle before, but still I'm nervous. Prior to our first date, I was positively buzzing with nerves. We'd become fast friends and I was hoping that we wouldn't regret trying to date. I was pleasantly surprised when the first date when so well, aside from me having to leave early due to work.

But now as I stand outside the door to Annabelle, and Edward's, flat I can feel my heart beat rise steadily. Part of me regrets not bringing flowers, another part of me wonders if I've dressed too casually, or too formally. I wonder what Annabelle will wear, and I wonder how she'll react when she sees me.

Will she smile and wrap me in one of those bone crushing hugs she's known for, or will she play it cool?

With a deep breath, I bring my fist up to the door and give a couple knocks, listening for the light footsteps on the other side. I hear her shout to someone, probably Edward, before her footsteps are right on the other side of the door and my heart is caught in my throat.

When she opens the door an immediate smile comes to my lips upon seeing that she's not anywhere near ready to go. Her hair is wrapped on top of her head in a towel, light makeup delicately painted across her face and a fluffy robe covers her body.

"Hello, you look -" She holds up her hand to stop me.

"Not ready yet?" She wonders, her tone a bit irritated. "Yes, I know."

Looks like someone had a rough day.

"I was going to say beautiful." I compliment, stepping into the flat without necessarily being invited in. I lean down, pressing a delicate kiss to her cheek in hopes to ease her attitude, or stress, a bit. "Rough day?" I ponder, my words whispering in her ear.

"You could say that." She responds, sighing lightly. "I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin our date night with my irritation. I promise once I'm done getting ready I'll be in a peachy mood." She tells me, a miniscule smile coming to her lips. With a little pat on my shoulder, she points down the hall towards the bedrooms. "Edward is in his room if you'd like to say hello."

Annabelle smiles towards me before backing into the hall and disappearing into the room at the end of the hall. I watch her until she shuts the door before making my move to go and see Edward.

I still feel extremely guilty over the fact that I wasn't able to take Edward off Annabelle's hands today. I had a surgery scheduled for the middle of the morning, with no telling exactly what time I'd be done. Plus, you have to factor in the patient's recovery time, paperwork, the surgery itself, among other things. Thankfully, I was able to get off in time for a date night, even if I am a wee bit tired.

"Hey buddy." I say, knocking against the doorframe of Edward's room. I find him perched upon his bed with a book in his hands, focusing intently on what he's reading, barely looking towards me.

If I had guess, I'd say the punishment of no telly or tablet wasn't that rough on him. He seems to enjoy reading quite a lot.

"Hi Harry." He greets. I enter his room, striding over towards him and taking a seat on the edge of his bed. He barely pays me any mind before he's back to his book.

"How are you?" I wonder, trying to create some kind of conversation with him. It used to be so easy to talk to him, now it's like talking to a wall. Hopefully, Niall has better luck than I with trying to get him to open up.

"Fine."

"What are you doing?" His eyes peel from the book, setting it down on his lap before turning his full attention to me.