Chapter twelve

The darkness surrounding me felt inviting, it was warm and comfortable. 

I didn't want to wake up but I knew I had to eventually. As I gradually woke up I became aware of the stinging in my wrists and shoulder.

HE USED SILVER ON ME!!

I tried to sit up before my eyelids would let me open them, and I realized that he had bound me down to the cold metal table.

Everyone believed he was an amazing father, what they didn't know was how wrong they really are. He did this to me! He is the reason my mate won't accept me! He is the reason why I am the monster He created me to be!

The monster I was afraid of being.

I forced my eyes open, everything was red and I knew exactly how pissed I really was.

I am Siren because of what he did to me!

_____________

I haven't been able to sleep since the accident, I've been drowning myself in work so I don't go crazy. It feels like it's been years but really its only been a couple of weeks.

I was reading through the complaints of the pack, why Blake let them send them directly to him I'll never know when I came across one that said: "We never see you anymore everyone is getting worried."

I set the papers down. I had to admit, no one knows what happened to him I could only hope that he woke up soon.

I sighed and got up from his chair for my hourly visit, the doctors said I couldn't stay in there 24/7 anymore so I come every hour to check on him.

I opened the door to his room and walked over to his bed. I grabbed his hand and kissed it. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent.

My eyes shot open, I smelled the metallic scent of blood mixed with his.

I searched before seeing a slit in his other wrist. I checked the one I had just been holding, nothing. I felt relieved as I inspected his slit. He had a small bump on his arm going until just below the crook of his elbow.

Someone put a blade in his arm while he was unconscious. "Shit" I muttered under my breath.

My father must have been here while I was gone. I held his cheek knowing the pain he was about to be in from experience.

I managed to keep my eyes neutral as I waited longingly for my mate to wake up.

The weeks of lost sleep finally got the better of me and I fell asleep holding his hand like his life depended on it.
________________

I woke to a quiet growl in pain. I looked at Blake with worry. He was scratching at his arm his claws out. I kissed his hand effectively grabbing his attention.

"Lillian?" He stared at me in confusion "what happened to me"  he pointed to his wrist. I shrugged "how are you doing?" "It feels like someone just shoved a butt load of silver in my arm."

I chuckled "it's good to have you back" he stared, at me confused "you've been out for weeks, even the pack was starting to notice your disappearance, I was so worried Blake"

He threw back his arm and his blade shot out of the slit. "That's new," he said staring at it. I grabbed a cloth and cleaned his blade careful not to hurt him. I gently pushed it back in "I knew it, he got you." I refused to meet his confused gaze.

"Lillian, look at me what is going on" Blake grabbed my chin harshly and forced me to look at him. The silver is already affecting him.

I winced as his grip only got rougher. "You need to learn how to fight with that thing in your arm" I whispered being careful not to make him mad.

"Lillian, what's happening to me?" He said gentler than before. "The silver that was shoved into you is affecting you it's making it so you get mad easily that's all, at least for now.

A doctor came in " alright Luna, you've been in here long enough, you know the drill, we'll let you know if he wakes up or anything."

A furious growl ripped through Blake surprising both the doctor and me. "I am awake now let me out of this place to be with my mate" I stared at Blake in surprise.

The doctor rushed over to him and took out everything he had to and I helped him get up off the bed.

"Blake are you sure you're ok?" I knew that he wasn't, it was his first time being upgraded and it was new and silver he will be weak for a while until his body got used to it.  "Are you going to reject me now that I'm different?" I almost didn't hear him he was so quiet but I heard the pain in his voice as he spoke. 

I shook my head and faced him. I looked him straight in the eye "I will never reject you for something out of your control." I saw the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes. 

I kissed his cheek and brought him to his room "sleep, that blade looked like silver it'll take a while for your body to get used to it."  I forced him to sit on the bed. "How long?" I knew exactly what he meant. 

"Half a month"

"How's the pack?"

"They've noticed you weren't there."

"What about the paperwork? I'll be working forever to catch up!"

I didn't bother answering him this time. I got up to leave to finish what was started for me all those years ago.

Blake held my wrist gently, silently begging me to stay with him. He looked terrified almost as if he knew exactly what happened to him and who did it to him. "You have to rest" I said simply refusing to be the first to break eye contact.

"You do too, you look like you haven't slept in days," I shook my head, "I'm going to find whoever did this to you, they couldn't have gotten far" I left no room for discussion. With that I left, leaving him to rest.

He isn't actually going to rest is he?

Didn't think so.

I sighed and opened the door to his office to find as much information as I possibly could with him.
____________

I've searched through everything that we could possibly have about my old pack.

We had next to nothing about it!! All we had was on my grandfather and the battle we had then. Nothing about my father or his wear a bouts!! How is this possible?!

I decided to watch the security footage again.

Wait what? "The footage has been cut." of course it was what else would it be?

"Stressed?" A husky voice asked. I looked towards the doorway, where the voice had come from. Blake stepped out of the shadows that concealed him.

I would have been relived if it weren't for his black eyes, I knew for sure it wasn't from list either.