Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Suddenly, the water stopped rising and a shadow appeared, standing on the water.

"Who are you?" the person asked. It was a girl.

"Nile," I said quickly.

"Powers?"

"Elemental."

The girl sucked in a breath. "Elemental. As if we were nothing."

"What?' I asked as I continued to tread water.

"Where's Hunter?"

"Hunter? Like, Original Hunter?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" I repeated. I held up my hand with some fire and I saw her face. "Oh God."

"What?" she asked.

"He wasn't talking about Emma."

A huge wave hit me and pushed me under. I struggled to swim to the surface, as I still couldn't breathe in this water. I gasped for air as I hit the surface.

"I am going to ask questions, and you are going to answer them," the girl said.

"I will," I replied. "I just have one question first."

The girl sighed.

"What's your name?"

~~~

I walked out of the Academy and onto its roof. When I did, I was tackled by a blast of energy. I peeled myself off the ground and faced Hayden.

"What. Did. You. Do." She snarled.

"I didn't know. It was her plan," I replied.

Hayden raised her fist, which was filled with energy. Suddenly, she was lifted up into a whirlpool of water.

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you in the middle of something?"

"Who are you?" Hayden asked.

The girl smiled and pushed her blonde hair out of her face as she continued to manipulate the cloud of water. "You know who I am."

I could see Hayden glow slightly as she tried to break apart the water. "I don't care who you are. My sister is dead and it's her fault." She motioned towards me.

The girl raised her hand and Hayden was slammed into the roof. "That's too bad. I don't like people who try to take charge around me. Especially when I don't agree with them. I actually really don't like people in general, minus a few select besties. Irrelevant, anyway."

"You don't understand what I've been through," Hayden replied.

The girl smiled, but then turned deadly seriously. "You're right. I don't. But I've been through worse. So much worse. And you have no right to talk to me how you are."

"Who are you anyway?" Hayden asked.

"Who is the one person with power over water who could overpower you?" I asked.

Dylan's jaw dropped. "Phoebe? Like, the Original?"

Phoebe smiled. "Heck yeah."

"What?" Erin said. She was on the roof, along with myself, Dylan, Hayden, Tessa, Tenya, Griffin, Ace and Octavian.

"You died. That's what everything said," Griffin added.

"Long story," Phoebe said. "Moral of it: I'm not dead. And I'm still powerful. And I'm angry. And hungry."