Party and Protection

10 pm

The music was blaring when I arrived. As the taxi pulled up and I stepped out, I shivered momentarily in the cool breeze.

I opened the door and let myself into the chaos that was the party. I'm not sure who's house it was, but I prayed their parents weren't gonna be home for weeks. The stereo was making my head pound, the table of beer pong wild and the bar stacked so full it could have lasted days. But I knew by experience that even though it looked full, it would hardly last us the night. And even then, with a majority of minors, if the cops got here it would be gone doubly fast.

"She's here!"  I heard someone call, and before I knew it Liam had appeared in front of me. He looked handsome as ever, his eyes taking in the sight of me. I grinned and kissed him, glad to see his expression was still the same when we broke apart.

"When you said you were wearing something special.... shit. You look amazing,"

He kissed me again and pulled me to the bar, pouring two beers. He didn't ask if I drank, even though I had before, and I took one after a moments thought. It was a party, I could go a little crazy.

"To tonight," he said, raising his cup to me.

"To tonight," I repeated, knocking my cup into his. With a *clink * they parted as I threw my head back and took a long sip.

"Ahhh," he sighed, his arm coming around me. "Tonight's gonna be the best,"

....

We had drink after drink, we kept kissing and tasting the alcohol on each other. The pounding music eventually worked it's way into my head, feeling more a part of me than an outside force. Somehow I managed to stay on my feet for hours, keep walking and dancing and kissing him. I never wanted to stop.

As the drinks slowly started to dwindle out (but we were much drunker) I started to feel myself drifting

As the drinks slowly started to dwindle out (but we were much drunker) I started to feel myself drifting. Not as much as the first time I'd been drunk, I'd had experience since, but I couldn't ignore the feeling my brain was sending to my body. Anytime I wasn't doing anything all I felt like was sleep. Liam kept me up, perhaps sensing my slowl descent of energy. But towards 12:30 or 1 am (I lost track of time), I was thinking about my bed more than anything else.

"Liam, I think I'm gonna head home," I said to him as we stood by the nearly empty bar.
He looked crestfallen.

"No, no, come on, you got this," he persisted. "Plus, this might be my last party before I leave,"

"Oh no, don't say that," I slurred, running my thumb across his cheek. He smiled.

"Then make the most of it!"

"I will- Hey!"
I cried out as I felt somebodies hand on the back of my leg and thigh, a hand under my dress. I spun around to see a total stranger standing behind me. One look at them I could tell they were either drunk or high, probably both.