Chapter Twenty-One

"I heard the First Madam has been bragging since received Master in her bed." Meirin's brow creased and her voice carried hints of displeasure.

"Pay her no mind." Da Fan hold her.

"But Mistress, Cong Wei Yang has been announcing that she would give birth to the first son as her monthly hasn't shown itself since Master's visit."

"It hasn't even been one week since his visit." Da Fan knew Meirin's dissatisfied with Cong Wei Yang and cannot help but laugh at her.

"You sound like a disgruntled housewife wearing a green hat."

"Mistress!" Meirin's face burned with embarrassment. "Please don't tease your servant. I would never."

"I know, I know." Da Fan said trying to placate her young servant. "I couldn't help but tease you. Let Cong Wei Yang have her moment of glory, not everything is set in stone."

Meirin saw her Mistress beautiful smile and her brow rose and fell.

With such poor schemes, Cong Wei Yang still wanted to stir up trouble. It can be said that the First Wife is playing in the hands of the Second Wife.

"But Mistress, hasn't Master also been to your room? Wouldn't taking these pills and not falling pregnant lead others to think you're barren?"

"I have a solution to that." Although Feng Huang hadn't laid with her in the past two weeks, she knew he must know about the pills. "Let's head to the Tea Pavilion tomorrow. I haven't been to the store in a long while."

As tomorrow came, Da Fan had to delay her trip to the pavilion by a few hours as Madam Feng would be going on her yearly prayer pilgrimage. The odd news however was that Madam Feng had left Cong Wei Yang in charge of the household.

"I'll do me at most to care for the household in your stead Mother." Cong Wei Yang told Madam Feng as she bid farewell to her.

"See that you do." Madam Feng told her and glance at Da Fan who gave er a amicable smile.

"Have a safe and joyous trip, Mother." Da Fan said bowing to her.

"Yes." Madam Feng boarded her carriage and the two Madam's watched as the carriage disappears into the horizon.

"Sister, if you have any request please say it now as I will be sending the courtyards expenditure to the treasury."

Did Cong Wei Yang wanted to gloat?

"I have none, Older Sister. I'll be leaving now, I'm due to go to the tea pavilion. I had requested from Mother to go."

Cong Wei yang watched as Da Fan left and smile smugly. It wouldn't be anymore till she's even more in charge of the household.

When Da Fan reached the doors of the tea pavilion, Meirin knocked on the carriage saying, "Mistress, we've arrived at the pavilion."

Da Fan looked out of the carriage and held on to Meirin to step out when a series of shouts came from behind her.

Da Fan turned her head and saw a female walking with a group of maids and guards. Lou Chun Hua, Prince Jing Long's First Wife.

"Greetings to First Princess consort." Da Fan said bowing respectfully.

"Madam Feng." The Princess said acknowledging Da Fan. "You don't have to be so courteous Lou Chun Hua smiled.

"Courtesy cannot be thrown away." Da Fan said to her.

"At least rise. Would Madam Feng like to have tea with this Princess?"

Da Fan knew she could not deny her. "Let me check on the stewards in the tea pavilion and I'll join First Princess as soon as I can."

"That's right. I heard that Madam Feng is the proprietress of the tea pavilion. No wonder the teas are exquisite and business is booming."

Da Fan hurried to sort out the tea pavilion business then to one of the tea house best room to Princess Lou Chun Hua.

As she saw that the Princess and let all her guards and maids outside Da Fan told Meirin to stay outside.

When she entered the room, the scent of White Peony tea had already permeated the room and was being poured into a teacup by the Princess.

"Please sit Madam Feng."

Da Fan sat and waited for the Princess to speak while sipping her tea.

"I want to thank you for helping to rescue my husband and also for keeping his secret."

"So, you knew?" Da Fan replied.

"About the Empress and Minister Feng, yes I do?"

"Pardon my words First Princess, but why did you really wanted to talk to me? If you wanted to thank me you could have sent me a present."

Princess Lou Chen Hua smiled, "Brother-in-law married a wise woman. I came to warn you."