Chapter Seven

After getting dressed in a pair of black capris that were cuffed at the bottom and white v-neck, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was Saturday morning so I didn't have to work today, with Alexander, but that didn't seem to stop him. I could hear him talk on the phone with someone in his office just down the hall.

I opened the fridge and searched it for something to eat.

Nothing.

This man apparently didn't keep much in here or at least he hasn't gone shopping recently.

I walked into his office, softly knocking on the opened door to show I was here. He glanced up at me and gave a small smile while holding his finger up signaling for me to wait.

"I don't care about Bishop's, I want the company. I've been wanting to move into publishing for a while. They're the best fit, bottom line." He told the man he was talking to, his voice unwavering. Alexander seemed liked someone who didn't lose. He said it himself, he always gets what he wants.

"I'm hanging up, but do not call me back until a contract is being written up." With that he hung up and slid the phone back in his pocket. "Ana," He greeted happily. A quick change to his previous mood seconds ago.

"Alexander," I greeted back as I took a seat in the leather love seat that was in his office. "you have no food." I said to him.

"I'll send my PA out today. You can have room service bring anything you'd like up."

"You have room service even for an apartment?" I asked, genuinely stunned.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yes,"

"I think I might go sight seeing." I told him. I hadn't gotten a chance to really see New York. I wanted to go visit the key monuments like Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Memorial, and all the others.

"I don't have time today, but tomorrow-"

"I don't need you to come." I said, cutting him off.

He shook his head. "You can't go alone."

"I'll put a hat on or something." Even I doubted that that would be enough for paparazzi not to recognize me. Those people were like vultures.

"If you insist on going then I'll insist that you bring my two men, Ronan and Scott, with you."

I sighed. "Fine," I said, not wanting to argue. I was just happy that I'd actually be doing something today.

"But be back by four, we have that gala tonight and you need to get ready."

I groaned. I hated dressing up and I'm being forced to do it. "Why don't you people dress casually?"

He look down at his black slacks and button up shirt. "I am dressed casual."

I scoffed. "You're joking, right?"

"What? You don't think I'm casual?"

I rolled my eyes and got up. "There's nothing casual about you, Alex." I said before exiting the office.

I went upstairs to grab my purse and a few other things. When I came back down the two large men, dressed in all black suits who I assumed were Ronan and Scott, were waiting at the door with Alexander standing by them.

"Keep her safe," he instructed. "If a single hair on her head is misplaced neither of you will have a job."

I rolled my eyes. "Relax, Alexander. You're acting like an over protective father."

He scoffed. "Or your husband."

I laughed. "Pretend husband,"

He shrugged. "Either way, I want you safe. Have fun," And with that he walked away and back down the halls.