Chapter Sixteen

Elly's Point of View

I close my eyes and silently wished that I would just fall through the floor. I still lay under the blankets in Landyn's room, but I would have to get up soon. I sigh pulling the blankets tighter around me. Landyn's funeral is today, we couldn't recover his body so it will be an empty casket but we will be honoring him. A knock sounded at my door, but I don't give any indication that I heard it.

"Elly, get up now or you will be late." The quiet voice of Avril says. She never recovered her bubbly, boisterous voice after her best friend and brother's death. The door opens and quiet footsteps enter the room. "Elly, you have it get up." She says placing her hand in my arm. I turn my head to look at her and see she is already dressed in her black dress. I let her pull me out of bed and I get ready. I take a shower and brush through my hair. I stop, the brush halfway through my hair. I start to shake and my breaths begin to shake. Avril walks into the bathroom and places her hand on my arm. "Elly, we have to go." She says gently.

"His hair, it was matted and knotted." I say whimpering. She gently takes the brush from my hand and finishes brushing my hair while I silently cry to myself. I get dressed in my loose black dress and my black flats. I walk out of the room with my head low and tears already brimming my eyes. When we get outside I see the funeral service is already set up. I sit in the front row, which was left empty. Brad sits next to me and Avril next to him. The pack is silent behind me, mourning a fallen alpha. I stare at the wooden casket, it does nothing to give me closure. Tears fall down my cheeks, but I don't make a sound. I hear many pack mates sobbing behind me.

After the funeral they carry his casket to the graveyard. They bury it and the pack mates start to leave. Avril stayed standing next to me, waiting for me to go. She was still sobbing quietly.

"Give me a few minutes." I whisper to her. She nods and walks away, leaving me alone. I kneel on his grave and touch the cold headstone. "I still don't forgive you." I whisper. "I want so badly to forgive you, but I can't. I am going to die soon, I feel it. Well both be dead then, but the no one will get their souls back. I don't know how to runs a pack, especially when you want to die. Every night I hope to die in my sleep, and wake up to see you, but to never happens. I always wake up to this harsh reality. I see you every night, and it's awful. I feel so happy and then I wake up and you're not there. You'll never be here." I stop, choking on my sob. "You'll never be here!" I bite my lip until I taste blood. I feel it run down my chin, but I don't wipe it away. "You'll never be here." I whisper once more before standing up and walking away. I wipe the blood, but I feel more dripping down my chin. I walk past many pack mates who lower their head as a sighs of respect. I nod my head in return, and close the door to Landyn's room. "I wish for death." I whisper before I slip into a deep sleep.

•--

Another depressing chapter. Poor Elly! Comment, vote and check out my other stories. Also tell me if you like the new cover!