Chapter Thrity-Five

Elly's Point Of View

I open my eyes, smiling at Landyn. His eyes are open, staring at me.
"Good morning."
"Good morning." I mumble stretching.
"Want breakfast?" He asks me.
"Yeah, I'd love some. I'm just going to the bathroom." I say smiling. He nods standing up. He kisses me, pulling me to his chest. He smiles, walking out the door. I smile, tracing my lip. I walk into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I see Celeste staring at me. I smile turning around.
"I have the final step in getting their souls back." She says her voice heavy with unknown emotion. I stand facing Celeste. I look at her running my hand through my hair.
"How do we get their souls back?" I ask her
"There is one last you must do Elly." She says. I cock my head to the side. The unknown enotion in her voice, is that regret?
"What is it, I'll do anything."
"You must die Elly." She says. I feel my heart drop and blood drain from my face.
"What?" I ask appalled.
"You have the purest soul, you need to sacrifice it."
"I can't leave Landyn alone!"
"You have to, or all those deaths are for naught!"
"But Landyn! We promised each other forever!"
"I'm sure all those people who died had promises too." She said. She holds out a knife. It's handle has ancient looking carvings on it.
"I'm scared." I whisper my bottom lip trembling.
"I know, all you must do is stab yourself with this and all the sacrifices will mean something." She says. Her tone is heavy with sorrow. "I am truly sorry you were picked Elly."
"I'm not." I say. "I made a difference." I take the knife win my hand. The cool metal feels heavy in my palm.
"Just like me, you will sacrifice yourself for the ones you love."
"Can you stay with me?" I whisper hating how weak my voice sounds.
"Yes," she helps me sit on the side of the tub. I take a deep breath, my hands shake. Celeste wraps her hand around mine.
"I'm scared." I say my voice trembling.
"I know," she whispers again. I hold the knife to level with my chest. I pull back, and thrust it into my chest. I gasp, the pain is more intense than I had anticipated. I fall back, into the tub. I hit my head on the way down, making my eyelids flutter closed. I'm sorry Landyn. I say closing my eyes tighter. I feel someone's hand on my own and sobbing.
"I'm so sorry." Celeste says clutching my hand tighter. I squeeze hers softly. I take one last shuttering breath, and my body goes limp.

•••
Alright so a huge cliffhanger... I'm sorry! A new update will be tomorrow. So comment, vote, and check out my other stories! I just updated the last chapter in Kitten! All that's left in Kitten is and epilogue!