Chapter Nineteen

Elly's Point Of View

I knock on Avril's door and she opens it, somewhat surprised to see me. Mornings are always the hardest for me, waking form my blissful sleep. I never want to get up, and I usually don't. Only three mornings a week I usually get up.

"Elly, can I help you?" She asks.

"What is-was Landyn's favorite flower?" I ask her. Her brows furrow before and answers.

"Well, he would never admit it, but he always loved tulips." She said.

"What was his favorite color?"

"Red, why?" She asked.

"Just wondering. what was his birthday?"

"July eighth."

"July eighth," I whisper to myself.

"You got up today, that's good." I nod and smile back.

"Yeah, I got to go, see you later." I walk away and leave her standing in the doorway looking shocked, to say the least. I walk out to the gardens and smile. The garden is full of tulips, he really does like them. I walk over to the section filled with red tulips. I run my finger over the smooth petals and smile. "These always were my favorite." I pick a few of various colors and walk over to his grave. "Good morning, I brought you flowers. Avril said that you liked these, the garden is full of them. You always told me Avril was in charge of the garden, you liar." I place them in front of his grave. "The grass is growing faster now. Will I be expected to get over your death when your grave doesn't look fresh and new anymore?" I ask. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn and gasp.

"I didn't mean to intrude, I'm sorry." A man said. He has a bunch of white flowers in his hand. I can't help but notice the fresh tears on his cheeks.

"It's okay, I mean I don't own the graveyard." I say quietly. He smiles and his eyes widen.

"Your the Luna!" He says.

"Yeah, I am." I say looking down at Landyn's grave.

"No offense, but you look much smaller up close." He says smiling, but it is strained.

"I get that a lot." Even from the far distance he is standing I can tell I am much shorter than him, but he is shorter than Landyn was. He has light blue eyes and light brown hair.

"I am so sorry for your loss." He says looking down at his grave.

"I'm sorry for your loss too." I say looking at the flowers in his hand. He sighs and his body seems to deflate.

"She was my mate." He clears his throat and looks away.

"You let the bond in?" I ask surprised. He nods and clears his throat again.

"After seeing you two so happy, I wanted that. When I found her she was so scared. She wanted the bond too, so we accepted each other. Even if it didn't last, it was the best thing I have ever done." He looks down at the flowers in his hand. "Even if I die for it. It may be vulgar to say this, but you don't have to get over someone, even if their death is not recent." He says looking at the grass.

"I must seem crazy, talking to a headstone. I mean Landyn is not even down there. I don't know where is." I say whispering the last part.

"No, I talk to Delia all day, not just when I am here." He says. I dust the dirt off my knees and take a deep breath.

"It was nice meeting you..." I trail off, not knowing his name.

"Dustin." He says giving my another strained smile.

"From my experience, smiling only makes it worse." I whisper. He swallows and nods.

"It sure doesn't make it better."

"You know, this is the first time in weeks I got out of bed by myself. Usually I have to get someone to drag me out."

"Me too, it's usually my brother."

"It's usually Brad, or Landyn's sister. How long ago did she die?"

"Just after Landyn did, it was rouges, but not the same ones."

"Did you feel it snap?"

"Yeah, last week. I held onto the bond for awhile."

"Do you think you are going to die?"

"I want to," he whispers.

"I do too, but I can't. I need to run the pack, I feel I would let him down if I didn't." He nods.

"I feel like I am letting her down everyday." I take a few steps forward and bite my lip.

"When your feeling really down, you can come and talk to me, we can have a pity party."

"I'll take you up on that offer." He says.

"You are the first of many to get their soul back, Dustin. You and me, we'll lead the new revolution." He looks up surprised and nods.

"We'll lead the revolution." He agrees. I walk past him and back into the house. Is it worth it to give them their souls back if it will only cause them pain?

•••

What do you think of Dustin? And people are finally letting the bond in? Comment, vote, and check out my other stories! Make sure to check out Kitten, my other werewolf story!