Chapter Twenty-Seven

Elly's Point Of View

I walked out of the room wiping the tears I'm my eyes. I punch the wall and let out a scream.

"I can't do this anymore!" I yell. I punch the wall again and clench my teeth. "I want to give up!" I feel the room swaying and I grab the wall to steady myself.

"Elly," I hear someone say as they grab my arm. I open my eyes and see Caden standing over me.

"She died. Her mate is in there, he felt the bond too little too late." I say bitterly. I pull may arm away from his and stand up. I raise my head and wipe my eyes. "Can we take Channing back of our territory, we know how to death with the loss of a mate."

"Yes, you can take him." He says. "I will get him." He walks into the room and I let my head fall.

"Is she gone?" A voice whispers. I look up and see Brad.

"Yes, but she didn't know."

"That's good."

"We're taking him with us, I need to." He only nods. The room begins to spin again and I stumble.

"We need to get you home." He says holding me up. I only nod and let him guide me to the door. I gasp as intense dizziness comes over me. He picks me up and starts to walk to the exit of the house.

"We need to get Channing," I say fighting him, but my feeble attempts did nothing to stop him.

"I'm sure Alpha Caden will bring him over."

"What about Avril?" I ask fighting to stay awake.

"Just worry about yourself and give into sleep, you need it."

"Where is she?" I ask ignoring him.

"She's home already, she left earlier." I slump in his arms and close my eyes.

"Landyn, I need you." I whisper before falling asleep.

I roll over, furrowing my brows. I open my eyes and find myself in Landyn's bed. Was it all a dream? I swing my legs over the bed and stand up. Dizziness comes over me and I fall over. I close my eyes, groaning.

"Elly?" A voice asks. The door opens and Avril walks in. "Thanks god your okay!" She said walking in.

"What happened, was it real?" I ask. She gave me a sad look before nodding.

"You've been asleep for two days, Vevina's funeral is tomorrow." She says.

"Is Channing here?" I ask.

"Yes, me and Brad handled everything while you are asleep."

"Why was a sleep so long?"

"You died Elly!" She said. "I think that warrants a little extra sleep!" I stand up again and walk out towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"To see Channing." I say walking past her.

"Wait you are supposed to be resting!" She says turning and following me.

"I will rest, after I talk to him." I say. I walk to the dungeon and towards the back of the row of cells. I see him sitting in the cell with his head in his hands. He is mumbling to himself. When he hears me walking he looks up.

"You have to help me, my wolf stopped talking to me!" He cried.

"You killed your mate, no one can help you now."

"What do you mean?"

"The mate bond is back, you can't kill our mate without consequences."

"Please, I don't want to die."

"Neither did Vevina." He looks down.

"I deserve to die."

"You do, I'm glad you realized that." I turn to Avril. "Where is Dustin?" She gives me a sad look. "Where is he?"

"He is in the hospital, he isn't doing too well." I walk also her to the hospital. I nearly run there and when I open the door, causing a loud bang. I see him in one of the beds.

"Dustin!" I say causing him to raise his head. He looks so pale and he has dark circles under his eyes.

"I heard you died?"

"Who told you that?" I ask running over to him.

"I was eavesdropping." He admits his voice quiet. "You said if you didn't die I couldn't, well you died."

"That didn't count, I came back."

"You stilled died."

"I'm not letting you out that easy, we haven't had a pity party yet."

"What a pity." He said with a smirk on his face. I smile, though my eyes are watery.

"See you can't die, you as still have so any bad jokes to tell."

"Bad jokes?" He asks with a smirk.

"And maybe the few good ones."

"I'm sorry, I know I'm not going to make it, my wolf died Elly. I am going to follow soon."

"I won't let you." I say stubbornly.

"I'm sorry." He says. His head looks back and I jump up, worried that he died. The heart monitor says he is just sleeping. I bang my fist against the wall in anger. I will not let him die.

"Elly," I turn and see Brad standing in the doorway.

"If he dies, I may go see Landyn sooner than expected." I whisper walking past him. I can't take anymore, I might just shut down.

••

Do you think Dustin will survive? Do you think Elly will survive? Comment, vote, and check out my other stories!