half / 13

1:14 AM

It was already past one after midnight and being frustrated was an understatement. Khloe was probably sleeping already.

My friends were still up and it looked like they were not planning to sleep yet. We were in the third series of Harry Potter but they were not even watching it. Well, neither was I because I was thinking about how to sneak out of this room without being caught. However, they were not making it easier for me.

My captain brought an alcoholic red wine although she knew that she was light when it comes to the drinking game. Fortunately for her, Bailey was the one who drank most of the beverage. I had no idea if it was a good sign, seeing that she was dancing on the top of the bed like a ballerina. Quinn managed to control her girlfriend from drinking but Arisa seemed hyperactive at the moment as she hummed a classic piano piece, playing along with Bailey.

Quinn was sitting on the other side of her bed, back against the headboard as she watched the two in amusement. As for me, I was getting impatient on the couch by the window, wondering if they were planning to end the night or not at all.

"I'm sleepy," I announced, trying to get their attention. "I think we should sleep now."

"No, not yet! Pizzicato-Polka, please!" Bailey hollered and Arisa changed the tune, moving her arms like an orchestra conductor. Our drunk friend continued her ballet career on the bed. I rolled my eyes at their antics.

"Pizzicato-what??" Quinn laughed, totally clueless about the mentioned masterpiece.

"Quinn, tone them down. I don't want Miss Summer to wake up from our noises," I tried to convince, wearing a concerned look on my face.

Quinn turned to me and gave me a smug look. "What's the rush? It's the weekend. We can get up late later for breakfast, or even for lunch. And Aunt Claire won't be hearing us because the master bedroom is totally soundproof. Don't worry."

I crossed my arms impatiently. "What about your sister?"

Quinn quirked her eyebrow at me. "And when did you start caring about my sister?"

I scoffed, averting my eyes from her in denial. "I don't care about her."

"If you say so," the green-eyed blondie shrugged her shoulder before she busted out laughing at Bailey who fell on the floor with a hurtful thud. Arisa just cackled along with her girlfriend, not bothering to help our friend.

"I'm fine! I'm fine," Bailey jeered out, crawling up on the bed with a grin on her face. Yeah, this was better than doomsday-Bailey, although this was totally out of her character.

I sighed, slouching my body on the couch in irritation. If I could just simply tell them that I would pay Khloe a special visit, I would gladly do it but I was certain that they would ask me questions. I should have known that even if Khloe and I agreed to be friends, it would still look weird.

Or maybe it was just weird because I have a little bit of feeling for her.

Ugghh, should I just tell them that I'll go to Khloe's room? Damn, I didn't have any choice!

"Hey guys," I squeaked out, probably too loud because they all shifted their attention to me. "I- Can I... I mean can I...?"

They seemed confused at my stutter. Oh gosh! I definitely couldn't do this!

"C-Can I u-use your bathroom?" I asked instead, my mouth apparently chickened out.

They all gave me dissimilar expressions. Arisa narrowed her eyes at me, perhaps weirded out while Bailey sprouted a dry look while holding a 'loser' hand gesture. And what I feared the most was Quinn staring at me suspiciously as if she was skinning me alive with her bright eyes.