half / 24

"Okay, Ry. This is the plan," my Captain said as she ushered me into the huge dirty kitchen of Quinn's Mediterranean mansion. But we were interrupted when Fiona greeted me with a happy birthday then complimented the whole concept of my own party which was a black and white theme.

I was only wearing a simple white dress. Bailey's choice of clothing for their plan as she claimed that it would be easy access for Khloe. Not that I mind what I wear but I was most comfortable wearing a not complicated dress anyway so it was all good.

"Hey thanks, Fiona, where's Cathy? I haven't seen her arrived yet?" I asked worriedly. Well, I wasn't worried about Khloe not arriving yet because I knew that she was always late for this kind of setup. Although, I wanted her to make it fast here.

Fiona rolled her eyes and jerked her raven-head slightly. "I arrived with them. See for yourself?"

I turned my head to see Cathy with Alec in a distance. They were talking among themselves in the crowd with shy smiles which made me smile too. The two looked so good together.

"Wow, they look so cute together," I said with a light laugh.

"I don't care," Arisa grumbled, her azure eyes were pointing at me before she turned her attention to Fiona. "Hey, girl. Help yourself and get your own drinks. Ry and I have to talk."

Our cheer mate rolled her eyes again. "You're always a killjoy, A," she retorted back before storming away through the busy crowd.

Arisa sighed and then looked at me. "As I was say——"

"Happy Birthday, Hilary!" Alec hollered interrupting my Captain while Cathy hugged me saying the same thing.

I chuckled while Arisa gritted her teeth in annoyance. "Thanks, guys. I was just saying that you look cute together."

Cathy blushed at my comment while Alec rubbed the back of his neck timidly. "Ah y-yeah, anyway, we put your present on the gift table."

"Of course, it's there for that reason, duh!" Arisa shunned Alec's statement.

"O-Okay?" I awkwardly stepped between them before anything goes wrong. "Alec and Cathy, drinks are on the right side of the main hall while diner on the other side. Hors-d'oeuvre is in the middle. Help yourself and thanks for the gift."

Cathy shook her head at Arisa. "Always a killjoy, A."

Arisa widened her eyes at the repeated comment about her but before she could do anything, the new couple ran away.

"Why everybody is disrespecting me nowadays?" my captain whined again to me before she pulled me inside the pantry room which was hidden at the back of the kitchen- away from the party.

"You're being rude with my guests," I said back, crossing my arms on my chest.

"I'm trying to give you the spiciness here," she said as she pointed at the red jalapeno chili powder that was stacked with the rest of the spices in the wall cabinet. "So the plan is, Bailey, Quinn, and I had already set up a room upstairs for the two of you. We add things to make it more eccentric and special for the both of you but no worries," she interrupted me when I was about to retaliate, "just enjoy the ride."

"And how will you convince Khloe to go with you?" I asked with a look of disbelief.

"Bailey is on the lookout. Quinn will kidnap her, simple."

"I don't really like the idea of you guys setting up a room for us. God knows what you put in there."

Arisa shook her head and pointed at me. "Don't complain, just appreciate that we're doing this for you. My sweet girlfriend is even willing to let you use the master's bedroom, not to mention, this mansion in a secluded property so that you can have this party. Surely, your parents won't allow this. They only stick with cake and candles and ice cream. That's the reason why it's my life mission to give you an amazing one since freshman year and this will be the last one."