Taken

Ella

"Congratulations on your first win." Eric said to me as we were all walking to the train. "Thanks." I said looking up at him. "Yes." I added and he looked at me confused. "Yes, what?" He asked as we stopped walking, I cup one of his cheeks and stood on my toes to give him a kiss. He was surprised at first, but places his hand on my waist, we then pulled away and I smiled at him. "I have your back. Do you have mine?" I quote him, he smiled back and grabs my hand. "Tonight, we grab our supplies and run." He whispered as we walked to the train.

The whole way back Eric was holding my hand and kept smiling the whole way, it scared some people actually.

Eric and I were currently in his room trying to pack as much things as we could. "We have to pack light, but enough to survive." He said as I put an extra long sleeve shirt in the backpack. "Okay, I've got everything set over here." Eric said zipping up his bag, I feel him come up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I folded another shirt. "Are you nervous?" I asked him as he placed his chin on my bare shoulder. "Always." He answered placing a kiss on my neck and I chuckled at the feeling. "What do you think is on the other side?" I asked him as I put the shirt in the bag.

"Land, lots of animals." He answered and I looked at him as he stared at my hands. "Why do you make yourself seem harsh?" I asked him curiously and he let out a sigh. "It's just how people saw me, here you have to be tough, if you're not. They'll run over you." He answered and I looked back at my hands to keep folding. "I just want to be in a place where I don't have to feel tough all the time." He added as I finished putting in the last tank top and zipped up the bag. "I just want to be with you." He finishes and I smiled looking at him, seeing him look back at me.

"How are we going to get these to the train?" I asked him as he pulled away to put the bags by the door. "I'll just get to them to the train, if I get caught I'll tell them it's for a training tomorrow." He answered putting on his leather jacket. "Meet me there in 10 minutes." He said going to the door and grabbing his bags, I nodded taking in a breath and he walked out.

I sit down at the edge of his bed and start putting on my black boots. I took off the hair tie that held my ponytail and let it fall down my back, I picked up my red leather jacket from the ground and put it on.

***

Okay. It's been ten minutes, I walked out of Eric's room and start walking to the back where the train was at. I felt nervous as I was walking and I see Dan sitting at the edge of the drop, and he looks up at me. "You're still up?" He questioned as I start walking down the bridge. "I could ask you the same." I pointed out, I hear him sniffle and I stood next to him. "Are you okay?" I asked him worriedly and he lets out a sigh. "I know I'm not supposed to care, but uh, my dad who was in erudite is dead." He answered using his sleeves to wipe away the tears.

"Oh, my god. I'm so sorry, Dan." I said squatting down to level with him. "He committed suicide in his room." He added looking at me crying. "Faction before blood, right?" He questioned and I shook my head. "No, no. Family is still family, regardless of what they choose." I said to him, but I realized something about Tobias, I almost forgot I wrote him a letter. "Thanks, Ella. You're too nice." He said wiping away the tears and I took out the letter from my pocket. "Can you give this to Four?" I asked him as I showed him the letter and he nodded.

"Where are you going?" He asked me and I took in a breath.

"Nowhere." I answered giving him a hug and he hugged me back, we both pulled away after a few seconds and I start walking to the back where Eric was waiting for me. I finally get there and see him waiting by the door, he sees me and helps me get on, I feel my heart race knowing that I was going to leave the city. "You ready?" He asked me as the train starts moving and I nodded smiling at him as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "I have your back. Do you have mine?" He asked looking down at me and I nodded. "I do." I answered, he smiles and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I still can't believe we're doing this." I said as the train goes a bit faster and he moved my hair from my face.

"Can I be honest with you?" He asked and I nodded a bit confused. "I've never really dated someone." He said putting his hand on my cheek and I chuckled. "Me too." I said.

***

"Okay, step there." Eric said waiting for me at the top and I nodded putting my foot on a hole, then hoist myself up to grab another handle. "You got it." He cheered as I grabbed the edge and he grabs my hand, he helps me up on the ledge and holds me close to him. "See...easy." He said and I chuckled looking at the land over the wall, I couldn't help, but smile at the beautiful sight. "I've never seen it this close before." I said looking back at Eric who grabbed my hand. "You won't have to fight anymore." I pointed out and he nodded looking at me.

"You're beautiful, Ella." He said moving the hair away from my face and he leans down to kiss me, but a great big light is pointed at us. "Victoria Bella Eaton." Someone called, we both pulled away surprised and put our hands to cover the light from our eyes. "Eric." They called and I glanced at Eric terrified, so he grabbed my free hand. "Were you trying to escape?" A feminine voice questioned, they turned down the brightness and I see Jeanine standing there with a smug look on her face.

"Look, this was my idea, Ella had nothing-" Eric was cut off by a gun going off and he groans falling to his side. "Eric!" I said falling on my knees to help him, I pulled one hand back to see blood and I looked to find a gunshot wound on his bicep. "You always interested me, Victoria." She said as they put a ladder to the wall and start climbing up. "Place the serum inside Eric, and register Victoria for the Red Orb experiment." Jeanine ordered the men. "No! Don't hurt her!" Eric yelled as the men grab me and I struggled. "Ella!" Eric yelled, I step on one man's foot, push him off the ledge and elbow the other one on the face.

"Eric!" I called, I go to him, but something sharp stings my neck.

I touch the side of my neck and feel a dart, I choked on the air and feel my vision become blurry. "Ella!" Eric called, I stumbled to gain my balance and feel my vision become dark, then I fall off the ledge. My whole body became numb since I felt no pain when I dropped, and the last thing I heard was Eric call my name, then I was gone.