Heart of Stone

Ella

"That's my brother?" I asked Steve as I see three people walking towards our building while I stared at them through the broken window

"That's my brother?" I asked Steve as I see three people walking towards our building while I stared at them through the broken window. "Yeah, the angry looking one." Eric answered for Steve.

"His name is Four, or Tobias." Eric added and I nodded. Tobias looked up at the building I was in and his facial expression changed, I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion and walked away from the window.

I make my way towards the door, but Steve calls my name, I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him as he walked towards me.

"If it's too early for you to do this, you don't have to do it." He whispered only to me, I take in a small breath and nodded looking up at him.

"He's my brother, I need to remember him." I whispered back and he placed his hand on my wrist gently.

"You sure?" He asked me full of concern, I nodded again and held his hand to reassure him. "I will be fine, somethings I just have to do on my own." I answered and let go of his hand to walk out the door, I hear him come up behind me and then starts walking with me.

"I can't let you do this alone." He whispered and grabbed my hand, I looked up at him as we walked and I gave him a light smile. "Thank you." I said and he nodded, we both got out our building and start making our way where my mother was.

And I couldn't help but feel nervous from all the stares I got.

I focused on what I was going to tell my brother or what he was going to tell me. It was hard to tell. I don't remember him and I was afraid of how he will react to me. I wondered if our relationship was good or bad or just nonexistent.

Steve let go of my hand as we got to my mothers building and I glanced behind me to see Eric following us. I paid no mind to that and just start making my way inside the building. I slowed myself down to pace with Eric and he was surprised by my approach.

"My brother, did we have a good relationship?" I asked him as we're going upstairs.

"Your brother loves you, he was very protective of you and never once gave up on you." He answered and I looked at him. "Was I a bad person to him?" I asked him a bit uneasy by what the answer was.

"No, you were careful. I knew you loved him because of the way you looked at him." He answered.

"How did I look at him?" I asked him.

"The same way you look at Steve." He responds with a sigh as we got to the door and I looked at Steve who was waiting there for us. I was going to say something to Eric, but he passed right by me towards the door and I quickly followed.

I took in a deep breath as Steve opens the door and I see I've interrupted a conversation. My eyes looked ahead to see three people talking to my mother, I feel my breath hitch as I make eye contact with my brother and his eyes teared up.