Why don't you cry

Ella

"Ella? You feeling all right?" I hear a strangers voice ask me, I took in a breath slowly opening my eyelids and the first thing I see was blue

"Ella? You feeling all right?" I hear a strangers voice ask me, I took in a breath slowly opening my eyelids and the first thing I see was blue. I lift myself off a soft surface and I looked what I laying on. It was a blue couch inside an office, I lift my head up to look at the man who was wearing a blue suit and sitting across from me.

"Who are you?" I asked him. "Jack Cang." He answered handing me a glass of water, I looked at it skeptical on whether or not I should drink it. "Don't worry, there's nothing in it. I'm the representative of Candor, the faction of honesty." He explained and I took a risk. I grab the water from his hand and drink a little bit, then wait. "Your friends explained to me what happened to you." He added and I felt no symptoms when I took the sip of the water, and then took a gulp because being knocked out made me thirsty.

"We want you to go on trial." He finished off and I sit up. "But I don't remember much." I pointed out and he nodded leaning back on his chair. "We will inject you with a truth serum, even with memory loss, you can answer the questions without knowing." He explained, I let out a sigh setting the cup on the table in front of me and crossed my legs.

"I'll do the trial." I said and he gave me a small smile. "Where is my brother?" I asked him, he gets up and buttons up his jacket. "I'll take you to him, trial is starting." He answered. I stand up and then he starts walking, so I follow him out his office and down a hall. "Also for safety precautions, we will have you wearing this." He said waving to his officer and they bring a collar to him that had a res light on it. "What is it?" I asked him as we kept walking.

"It's a tranquilizing collar, when it feels your powers peeking through, it will put you to sleep." He answered and I let out a sigh.

"I know you might be afraid, but if you cooperate, it's smooth sailing." He pointed out when he saw my worried face and I nodded crossing my arms.

After a few minutes, we get to a dark big room and I immediately see Steve standing apart from the crowd with my brother and Tris. Jack walks me towards them and Four half hazardously hugs me, and I hugged him back.

"You all right?" Four asked me and I nodded. "Ella?" Jack asked from behind me, I turned around and see he held the collar. "What the hell is that?" Four asked worriedly. "If you could please turn and lift your hair up." Jack said, I turned to look at Four and lift my hair up, Jack placed the collar around my neck and I hear a beep.

The collar was vibrating, but it wasn't intense. You can barely feel it and it didn't bother me, I guess it calmed my nerves down a bit.

"Safety precautions." Jack said to Four and I grabbed Four's hand to calm him down. "Four, it's fine. This way I won't hurt anyone." I reassured him and he looked at me. "You sure?" He asked me and I nodded. "Don't worry about me." I said to him.

"Ella, you will be going first." Jack notified me and I nodded, then took in a breath. "You ready?" He asked me. "Yeah, I'm ready." I answered, I let go of Four's hand and walked to where Jack was. A man walks towards me holding a needle and I felt a little lightheaded seeing it, I took in a shaky breath and looked in front of me. "Let me." I hear Jack say to the man and he nods stepping back, I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder and I glanced to my side to see Jack.

"It will only hurt for a moment, you will be uneasy, but don't fight it." He said. I looked forwarded again and feel the needle being put inside my neck, a small gasp escapes my lips and I feel the serum flow inside me. "Let the truth see you free." Jack said backing up and I took in a small breath walking forward to the platform in the middle, then I turned around to look at Jack.

"Victoria Bella Eaton." Jack announces to everyone.

I glanced around me to see everyone staring up at me, then I looked at Steve who gave me a reassuring stare and I let out a sigh. "You went missing months ago, you were caught trying to escape with another Dauntless, Eric." Jack said. "Why were you trying to escape?" He asked and I tried to rack my brain for an answer, but I just blurted the answer out without knowing. "I was trying to escape with Eric because I love him and we wanted to find a better place." I answered, a light layer of sweat forms on my forehead and I swallowed.

"You were also taken hostage by Jeanine to be a part of her red orb experiment and now you powers. Is this true?" He asked. The feeling of having all eyes on me made me uneasy and a shiver goes up my spine. "Yes, Jeanine took me hostage and tortured me every single day, she made me into this." I answered feeling a little bit lightheaded. "And what powers do you possess?" He asked as I crossed my arms.

"Energy manipulation." I answered letting out a sigh and looking up at the ceiling for a moment, then the ground. "Is energy manipulation the only thing you can do?" He asked and I nodded. "My powers still haven't transformed to its highest level, Jeanine said that it could to telekinesis and telepathy." I answered.

"Moving things with your mind and hearing people's thoughts." He repeated and I held my biceps tightly. "And can you control your powers?" He asked. For a moment I was hesitant, could I control them? I looked at Steve who crossed his arms and put his hand over his mouth, he looked so worried for me.

"No."

Everyone starts murmuring and I felt a bead of sweat go down from my temple to my cheekbone. I looked at Steve who said something to Four and I feel my collar vibrate a little bit more faster, I took in a breath calming myself down and I looked back at Jack.

"Thank you for your candor." Jack announced. "Thank you for your candor." Everyone repeated, I walked off the platform and walked towards Four. He quickly pulls me in for a hug and he lets out a sigh.

"I know that wasn't easy, Ella. Soon, this will all be over." He whispered to my ear and I nodded hugging him back. "Thank you." I whispered and he nodded, we pulled away and his lightly squeezed my shoulders then went to where Jack was. Now it was his time to confess.

I still felt bad that I had to leave Eric behind and the fact that I said I love him, took me by surprise. I closed my eyes trying to remember my moments with him, I took in a breath trying to rummage any memories, anything at all.

And I saw it. I saw Eric and I on top of a bridge in some sort of cave looking place, all I could see were his blue eyes looking down at me and then a pair lips connected with mine in the memory.

I quickly opened my eyes, placed my fingertips on top of my lips and my breath hitches.

I was starting to remember.

A.N. :

I know it's a very short chapter, but I'm actually in the midst of moving. Next chapter will be longer & I will do my best to try & get that up in a few hours.

Also, thank you so much for all of the support! It means the world to me when you guys engage so much with the story & if you have any questions or comments, you can leave them here at the end of the chapter. Thank you! :)