Chapter 8

For the first time in years I felt my skin cover over in goose bumps. I adjusted myself so I could look down at Ian . I still didn't have permission to move. Ian put his hands on my outer thies then and I felt how warm his skin was. I liked it.  It felt so good feel his skin against mine.  His hands were lightly weathered. I liked that a lot. It mean that he was strong. I needed strong men in my life.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't know." I felt my stomach drop.

"It's all right," he shrugged. "If you want you can kiss me and make me feel better." I could tell he was fighting off a smile but his lips still pulled up at the corners.

"You're funny," I giggled. He had no idea how much I seriously wanted to. I wanted to taste his mouth on mine, feel his lips smooth against mine. I was about to move off him when he grabbed a handful of my hair and rolled until he was laying on top of me.  I was both surprised and slightly threatened. I liked it.

"I don't remember giving you clearance to move, Agent."  I giggled again. Silly kid. I growled playfully and rolled us again so I was sitting back on his stomach.  This was more fun than I'd had in days.  It felt like I hadn't giggled in a week. That was wrong though. I had when Gray caught me when I jumped off that building the other day.

"Who said I wanted to?" I was playing along? Really? What was wrong with me? Again I reminded myself that the damage was already done when he found me hovering over him.  I felt my eyes grow dark with hunger.  My eyes were hooded by my eyelids.  My face was in some dark hungry expression that I couldn't completely comprehend.

"Oh, so you want to play, huh?" With that he rolled us again and he was hovering over me this time. I liked to see him at this angle.  I liked it a lot.  Too much probably.  I wanted to taste his mouth; his blood. I bit my lip just at the thought of it.

"Alright, kid. I give up. You can kiss me." He leaned down and pressed his warm lips to mine. His skin was so hot it felt like a fiery inferno pressing into my skin; my lips.  Every cell in my body screamed at me to kiss him back with the fire that was playing at the edge of my consciousness. Still it was surprising how warm they were; how hot.  I hadn't kissed a human in a while. A long while.  This was nice. It wasn't like I was cheating on Grey though. I knew that with every part of myself. This was just a friendly kiss, nothing more. Grey was my mate. Nothing and no one could ever change that. Now I was missing him terribly.

I gently push Ian away from my lips. "All right, kid. That's enough," I frowned. I didn't want him to stop as much as he didn't.  I liked the way he kissed me.  I wanted to kiss him back but I just couldn't. If I wouldn't have stopped him I would have.  It took him a second but he leaned away. He saw me eyeing the blood viles on my desk.

"You'e thirsty aren't you?" Ian moved and was now sitting criss-cross-apple-sause next to me.  I smiled at him. He was so sweet. I couldn't help but grin at him.

"No," I say. I'm not thirsty. I'm making the mental association with the viles to Grey.  I miss him terribly but I still want to kiss Ian. His mouth tastes good. His lips anyway. It would taste better if I'd kiss him back and use my tongue.

"You can tell me," he says quietly.  I feel his eyes on me and it's a longing deep gaze.  He wants me to kiss him. He knows I wasn't participating. Even though I was enjoying it.

"I miss my mate, Grey." I scoot so my head is on Ian's leg, still facing the blood viles. I can't bring myself to look away. Not that I want to. Grey is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

"Why don't you go to him?"

"I can't," I whisper and he stroked my hair.  It felt really good. I closed my eyes for a minute and relished in the feel of his fingers stroking through my long blond locks.  My eyes reconnect with the viles before too long though.

"Why not?"  Ian's eyes linger on my lips for a moment and I smile slightly.  His gaze feels nice. It almost has the same warmth as his lips.

"He doesn't know about the vodka," I confess. I feel my lips tremble. 

"Oh," is the last thing he says before he lays down and wraps his arms around me so I can cry into his chest.

That day I finish off the rest of the five bottles Ian brought me that first day. Ian was pretty much deemed my personal lackey after that. He still ran errands for me but it wasn't the same. He was a very dear friend to me now.  He was mostly running the errands as favors for me since I had to stay in the office building so Max wouldn't say anything about it.

Mostly we talked.  I told him about Mason.  We both hated him.  With one day Ian learned everything there was to know about me.  I told him about vampires and the relationships most of us have with humans.  Within seconds he was able to see that what was between the two of us was both special and different.  He promised me he would never ask me to host from him.  He also promised that if I was ever in desperate need of blood I could take from him.

After that I told him about what happened with Max.  Twice.  He didn't like it.  I didn't either.  He had to send a fellow lackey after more vodka twice.  I drank six bottles in a day.  I didn't care, at least my emotions had been put on hold.  Maybe I could kill Mason as long as I was kept in vodka to do it.