Chapter 12

"We're taking away the vodka, Andy."  Marcus rose from the bed and headed strait for the two bottles on my desk.  I squirmed under Grey's hold.  He was sitting on me.  Though he'd taken enough blood to keep me weak until I hosted.

"No Mark! Don't do it!"  I whimpered beneath Grey's weight.  He was sitting on the part of my belly where pressure felt good.  He moves to adjust himself and I'm reduced to a moan just before I bite into my tongue and silence myself.  The pain takes my mind off the pleasure.

My eyes rolled back into my head before he moved away from that spot and then I had to resist the urge to whimper in his absence.

"That's not what the liquor's for," I said still filled with the phantom sensation of Grey's weight.  I know he wouldn't do this sort of thing unless it was for my own good.  I refused to squirm again.  I didn't need more of that pressure torture.

"Sweetness," Grey crooned.  He reached out to stroke the side of my face.  "York and Max called us. They're just as worried about you as we are, baby."  That hurt. I growled and snapped at his hand with my teeth.  He pulled away before my teeth could get him.

"I told you," I said.  "That's not what the liquor is for."

Grey moved again but this time it was on accident.  "Sorry baby.  Mark stop for a minute," said Grey.  Mark complied. "I think she's serious."

I relaxed and my eyes darted to my desk.  The file was still there.  "Ian," I said clenching my muscles.  I was trying to make it so I couldn't be affected by the pressure on my belly.  Ian's blue-green eyes connected with mine and I felt myself relax for a moment.  Long enough for me to get my barrings.  I could feel how weak I was. Grey had taken a lot from me.  I noticed how out of focus my vision was.  I really needed blood.

"Bring me that file off my desk there.  Will you?"  He did and he handed it to Grey.  He opened it; had no idea what he was looking at.

"What is this?"

"It's what I do," I say.  "He's the target. I'm the shooter."

Marcus took the folder from Grey and gave it a once-over. "Why do I feel like I know this guy?"

"You would say that," I sigh.  "You feel that way because he's a vampire."

Mark froze.  He understood now.  He looked sick.  "Andy is this why . . . .?" He murmured and trailed off with the question.  I nodded and he covered his mouth.  He knew exactly why I had been acting the way I was.

"What's going on?" Grey was confused.  He didn't get things quite like Mark did.  He hadn't known me as long.

Ian spoke up.  "Andy's target is a vampire and she has to kill him.  This Mason guy is an assassin too.  He even used to work for Max.  Point is Andy has to kill him and she doesn't know how."  I felt like Ian was a God right now for saving me like that.  I owed him so much.

Grey's face went slack as everything clicked into place for him.  "That's why you came to us; why you were so upset.  I knew you had other reasons when you asked but this . . .?"  Gray moved off my stomach and curled up beside me.  He pulled a crate full of blood viles from beside the bed and sat them down beside me. Then came an unexpected blood bag.  My chest clenched; I was so touched.

"Baby, where did you get all this?"  I reached out to touch his face.

He smiled.  "I have a very understanding supplier."

I kissed him weakly before Marcus pulled me up into his lap.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Andy.  I shouldn't have questioned you.  I'll tell you but Gray and Ian must leave." Mark shot them both a look and they nodded to him as they quickly left the room.