Chapter 23

I pushed him arms-length away again.  "What?"  He had this hungry look in his eyes that said he wanted me.  I wasn't sure what he wanted me for.  For the first time in years I was actually scared.  I didn't want to hurt Ian.  He was my friend.  I would be crushed when he would finally die.  Hopefully of old age.

"I said I'm trying to show you that I'm worthy of you and that you're thirsty," he said and pulled me back in to kiss me.  What did he mean?  I was having a tough time thinking, trying to figure what he meant, with his warm lips and hands all over my cool skin.  I could feel my fangs tingling and venom fill my mouth.  I wanted to taste Ian's blood and the urge wasn't going away.

Suddenly, I felt him unzip the jacket part of my leathers and toss it beside his blazer and shirt.  I could feel the heat of his skin radiating through the thin tank top I had on under the Jacket.  My hands and my skin absorbed his heat and grew to a strange alien warmth that I wasn't used to.  It felt good and I couldn't see past it.  I was consumed.

Ians lips were suddenly on my breast bone and my head swam with thirst and the feel of him wrapped around me.  I tilted my head back and enjoyed the sensation.  I felt his hands suddenly stroking up under the back of my shirt and gliding up my back.  My skin drank in his warmth and I sighed at the slow wonderful drag of his warm fingertips on my cool skin.  I felt my shirt being tugged up against my shoulders and I lifted my arms for Ian to pull it off over my head.

"How sweet!"  The familiar voice registered in my head and then the scent practically made me want to vomit.  The most vile vampire scent filled my lungs and I knew exactly who had interrupted us.  Ian looked up at me confused.  He didn't understand.  Of course, he didn't.  This was vampire business.  I climbed up off Ian's lap and turned on Max.  I stood relaxed but was ready for a fight if I needed to claw his eyes out.  I stood with my shoulders back and my hands relaxed at my sides.  It didn't matter that my upper body was only clad in a bra.  I had that much to cover my livelihood.  Not to mention the leather pants and boots.  I was covered in all the important places.

"What do you want, Max?"  I stared him down.  I kept my light brown eyes on his dark ones.  He looked back at me with a conniving sneer.  He was evil now.  Power had killed the nice human I had once known.  Pity, because he was probably good in bed.  Not that I wanted him anyway.

"I want you dead," he said.

"I won't go down without a fight," I told him.  I heard Ian's breathing change behind me before I spoke.  He hadn't moved from where I'd left him.

"But Andy, you're weak!  You can't fight," he practically begged me not to fight but I had to.

"Go, Ian," I growled at him.  I refused to turn and look.  My emotions were going to get the better of me.

"But Andy,"

"Go!"  I looked back at him over my shoulder and growled the words as menacingly as I could.  I didn't want Ian to see me get hurt or kill Max and I especially didn't want him to get hurt.  He gathered up his Blazer and shirt and ran through the door leading to the stairs.  He spared me one last glance before he disappeared inside.  In that one glance I felt a forever's worth of goodbyes and it ripped my unbeating heart out of my chest.

I focused back on Max.  He looked stupid.  I hated him!  He deserved to die!  "So, Maxy pad, now that we're alone I think you can say how you feel.  You know?  Get all the anger out and whatnot," I said in a bitchy tone.

"I'd rather gouge my eyes out than talk with you," Max chuckled.  He had this stupid smirk on his face. I wanted to rip his lips off.  Lets see him make that stupid face without his lips.  He walked forward and began circling me.  That wasn't a smart move unless he was going to just let me kill him.  Still, I maintained my proud yet relaxed posture and watched and listened to him circling me.  I watched as he would pass in front of me then listened to his heartbeat and his footsteps as he was where I couldn't see him.  This would tell me everything as I kept my eyes forward.

"However, you do look rather tasty," he grinned.  I felt his eyes humping me as he drank in my bra-clad-only upper body.

I rolled my eyes but remained otherwise still.  "Unfortunately you'll never know," I said.

"We'll see about that, sweetness," he said and he came flying at me.  He tackled me to the ceiling we'd been standing on and was going for my throat.  He's fucking crazy!

I fought against his strength. he wasn't really a challenge for me.  Honestly I could probably have fought him in my sleep.  "You know," I said rolling us to I had his shoulders pinned to the ground.  I was sitting on his lungs.  Good luck, breathing, I thought with a smirk.  "You really are a lousy fighter."

"We'll see who's the lousy fighter," he said and snapped his fingers.  Okay?  What was that supposed to do?  Magically kill me? Set me on fire?

Suddenly, a familiar scent filled my lungs.  I was stricken weak, almost.  My chest burned with the need to kiss him.  It was Gray.  He accented the ladder and was walking toward me.  I ran toward him and when I saw he wasn't happy to see me I stopped.  "Gray, what are you," my words were choked off by his hands wrapped tightly around my throat.  Gray was Max's zombie.