17

This wasn't the memories I wanted to get from his touch, but these are the ones I got. The negative ones, I seemed to only be focusing on the hurt, the bad not the good things he did. I grabbed his hands slowly and removed them from my face. I got off the stool, "I'm sorry, but I don't trust you, Kevin."   

"What?" He asked shaking his head. "Why?" He asked again. 

"I just don't, Kevin," I replied. "I barely know who you are anymore and you've lied to me while we were dating. I was sixteen, maybe I was stupid, but now when I go back, I can see all the lies you've said. And what was with you lying about where you were?" I asked. He gulped down not answering my question. "Yeah," I said. 

"Maybe I did lie to you," he said after a while. "There are just things I didn't want to talk to you about."

"And why is that?" I asked him. "I trusted you, I told you all my problems, everything and you didn't trust me enough to do the same?" I asked. I wanted us to be the couple who were also best friends. The couple that would get each other through everything, but now I realized we weren't even close to being that couple. 

I didn't know if he was lying because he was cheating or something or if he was lying because he was afraid to tell me because he'd thought I'd judge him. "Talk to me when you're ready to be honest," I told him. I pushed past him and put my plate in the sink washing it. 

"Bri," he called me. I ignored him, "I'm sorry," he said. "I just want us to forget about the past. I've changed, maybe over time you can learn to trust me," he said. I turned around and looked at him. He didn't get it, I could never forget the past. The past is what makes us who we are, the past is supposed to shape the future. If he was never honest with me in the past, how can I trust him to be honest with me in the future? 

"Tell me the truth and maybe I can learn to trust you," I said. He tapped his nails on the counter, I shook my head and started to head upstairs for work since I had a stupid presentation to do at work today. I really needed a new job, I didn't want to see Kevin at work also when I see his ugly face at home every day. 

Keven grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, his blue eyes stared at me, he put his hands on my waist, "I'm sorry," he said again. "But I need us to be okay again and I promise I'll tell you the truth. Just not now, I'm not ready," he added. 

"Kev, but you have to trust me in order for me to trust you," I said. 

"I know and I do," he said. "I really do trust you, but I can't tell you the truth, Bri, I just can't," I nodded my head telling him it was okay. I wanted to know the truth, but I didn't want to force him into telling me. I wanted to wait until he was ready, ready to say everything that he've kept hidden from me all these years. I wrapped my hands around him and gave him a hug. I rested my head on his neck admiring his scent, he always smelt like spring for some odd reason, but that's what his smell reminded me of. It reminded me of the fresh air of spring. 

"I'll see you at work," he said. I pulled away and nodded my head, he kissed my forehead and left. After a few minutes, I heard the front door open and close. I ran upstairs to get dressed for work.

''''''''

"As you can see, the past two months have been great," I said pointing at the graph in my PowerPoint, "I believe if we continue the same way, this year will be another great and beneficial year for us," I ended the PowerPoint and smiled at the table of people who were sitting in front of me. All of them clapped and started grabbing their stuff to get back to work. 

One by one, they started leaving the room. I closed the PowerPoint and started packing my stuff. I looked up everyone was gone except Kevin. He smiled at me, I rolled my eyes and went back to packing. He was still sitting in the chair staring at me, "don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked him. 

"No," he answered. I'm waiting for a worker from James Enterprises," I look up at him wondering why. James Enterprises is where Lucy works. I guess he was right when he said, he's gone over to where she works, "we've partnered up to create a new voice software that's supposed to help entering information in a computer easier. Imagine not having to ever type again," he said.

"Wow," I said. "something else to make the human race lazier," I said sarcastically. Over the years, I've noticed that people really seem to be getting lazier and lazier. We come up with all kinds of things to make our lives easier, the only thing is, it also causes us to work less. 

"Maybe," Kevin said shrugging his shoulder. I slid my laptop inside my bag and grabbed it to leave the room, I opened the door and got out of the room. Kevin followed me out, "would you like to have dinner tonight?" He asked me as we walked in the hallway.

"No thank you, I think I've seen enough of you for one week," I said. I did see enough of him, in fact, I was tired of seeing him. 

"But you love seeing me," he said putting his hand over his non-existent heart. I chuckled, "I'm serious," he said after a while. "Let's get out of the house this weekend, just hang out like old times," he suggested.

"Kevin, I don't think that's a good idea," I said. 

"Why?" He asked, "it's just one weekend," he said. 

"No," I said. 

He stopped me from walking making me face him, "what do you want, Bri?" He asked. 

"Nothing, really," I said. 

"Do you want to give us a shot or not?" He asked, "you are giving me mixed signals and I don't like it. Just tell me you don't and I'll leave you alone. We can go back to us just being business partners or whatever we are right now."

"I do want us to give it a try, but you have to give me some time. I want us to take it slow, I want to be able to trust you again and right now I don't," I told him honestly.

"Then learn to," he said. "I'm not getting any younger, Bri. I know what I want and right now I want you," he said. Heels clicking on the floor made me break the eye contact. I looked to see Lucy coming. She stood in front of us smiling, "you're the worker James sent?" Kevin asked Lucy.

"Unfortunately," Lucy replied. Kevin rolled his eyes, "hey Brianna," she said to me.

"Hi," I said giving her a small smile. 

"Can you possibly ask your boss for another case that doesn't involve me?" Kevin asked her.

"You're serious? A voice software, I wouldn't miss the chance and I'm sure we can get passed our hatred," she said.

"Yeah possibly," Kevin replied. 

"I'm gonna go, I have a lunch date with my mom," I told them both. "See you at home," I told Kevin. He nodded his head, "bye Lucy," I told her. She smiled and I made my way out of the building. 

AN

Lucy and Kevin are now working together... Yay or Nay?

Au Revoir...