19

"Shut up, Kevin," I told Kevin as I tried to do my work. I wanted to get this loan thing over with so he could continue his project, but he wouldn't leave me alone. I didn't know if he had nothing to do or if he just simply loved bothering me.

"You know the deal," he said trying to defend his cause. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. His deal was that he wouldn't stop bothering me until I agreed to go out with him. I didn't know why he was being so persistent, I was already married to him and lived with him. If I didn't go out on a date with him, it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

"Done," I said getting up. I emailed him the file. I gave him a smile, now he could leave me alone. "By the way, I happen to be free on Friday," I added packing my stuff to get out of here. 

"Does that mean you'll go out with me?" He asked.

"Maybe," I said shrugging my shoulder, "I might decide to go out with this guy named Steve who's been asking me out. He works on the first floor," I added. There was a guy named Steve who wouldn't stop flirting with me on floor one. He is a cute guy, but unfortunately, the kid looks like he just got out of middle school and I was not looking forward to going back to jail.

My one night in jail was enough, I didn't want any more of them. Kevin rolled his eyes and got up from his desk. He grabbed me, "stop playing around with me, Bri," he said looking me in the eye. "And I'll be happy to fire Steve," I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Even better, he wouldn't be my co-worker," I said. Kevin frowned, "get back to work," I told him. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I approached Kevin standing only inches apart from him. He didn't move, I put my hand on his chest and rubbed it. I lowered my hand until it reached his belt,  I chuckled, I moved my face just in front of his, he closed his eyes. "Friday will be fine," I whispered in his ear, I pulled away and he opened his eyes back up. "Enjoy the rest of your day, Kev," I said walking out the door.

"Bri," he called me. I turned around raising my eyebrow before I closed my eyes, "really?" He asked pointing to his private area. I looked to see he got a boner, I laughed and closed the door behind me. 

"Brianna," I looked up to see who the voice belonged to. I spot Alexis walking up to me, I smiled at her. She was in a small black pencil dress with knee-high boots. Her blonde hair was down, but she covered it with a black hat. She was more than two months pregnant now and she still wasn't showing. She reached me and gave me a smile. 

"Hi, how are you?" I asked her. I looked at her, she was glowing, maybe it was the pregnancy hormones or maybe she was just happy that everything was out in the open. Or maybe she was happy because she's just a nice person just like Kevin called her. 

"Great," she said showing her perfect teeth. "How are you?" She asked back.

"Great," I answer back, but showing less enthusiasm then she did. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. I thought her and Kevin were done with all those meetings with lawyers.

"Meeting," she said. "I didn't think Kevin was serious about the meetings," she frowned. "It's not like I'm gonna run away with the baby or anything. I just got to remind him that I'm not his surrogate or anything like that and he's not paying me to carry the baby," she said touching her belly.

"You should," I replied thinking about what she said for a moment. Lucy came walking down the hallway, she smiled when she saw me. I told her about Matthew being gay, she swore that she didn't know and we ended up laughing about it. I still didn't understand how she would date someone that long and not suspect a thing, but I chose not to question it any further. Maybe Matthew was just that great of keeping his secret. "Hey Lucy," I said when she reached us. I gave her a big hug.

She hugged me back, Lucy was starting to show a little, she had a little round belly now. Alexis stared at her then at me, "oh, Alexis this is Lucy, Lucy this is Alexis," I told them both.

"Oh, the girl that called you the help?" Lucy asked, "I thought you said she-"

I scratched my throat making Lucy stop. I didn't know what she was going to say next, but I couldn't take a chance. I've said a lot of things and I didn't want her to repeat them to Alexis. "Oh," Alexis said looking at me apologetically. "I did, didn't I?" She asked. She touched her pink lips thinking about it for a second. "You know I meant help as in the one helping Kevin, right?" She asked, "helping him with the company," she clarified. 

I looked at her not believing what she said, but shook my head not wanting to ask any further questions. "Lucy?" Alexis asked, "Kevin talks about you," she added after a while. "From high school, right?" She asked. Lucy nodded her head.

"All bad things I suppose?" Lucy asked. I didn't even know why she asked, we all know Kevin doesn't like her. I doubt Kevin has anything to say about her. 

"No," Alexis replied, "he actually speaks very fondly of you," she repeated. That was surprising, "he says you have a complicated relationship, but you're not all that bad," I knew it. I knew Kevin had a soft spot for her. It just appeared that they hated each other, deep down they both love each other.

"Mhmm," Lucy said. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Lucy asked. I shook my head, "I have to get going," she gave me a quick hug. "Nice to meet you, Alexis," she said as she walked away.

"You too," Alexis said, but only loud enough for me to hear. "I don't like her," Alexis blurted out. Did she just say that she didn't like my best friend? I swear if this was high school, I would have been taking my earrings off and fixing my weave to fight her. However, we were both grown adults. 

"And why is that?" I inquired wanting to know what good excuse she would have for not liking Lucy. Lucy is very lovable, likable, and all the good stuff. 

"I don't know, she just gives off the wrong vibe," she said. She stared at the door Lucy just exited from. "And I'm surprised you still talk to her," she added.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked her. 

"I don't know, maybe because she made Kevin break up with you."

AN

Secrets are coming out...

Who's always ready to take out their earing and fix their weave to fight someone for their best friend?

Au Revoir...