29

"For what exactly?" I asked him, "messing around with my boyfriend in high school or my father dying?"  

He looked at me shocked, his mouth opened to say something, but nothing came out. I was furious with him at this point, it's funny that you would have to watch hoes stealing your man, but even boys will be stealing him too. "Which one is it?" I asked him. He looked down staring at the floor, I lowered my face trying to search for his eyes. 

"I didn't know you knew about that," he said. 

"Well, I do," I said crossing my hands over my chest. 

"I'm sorry," he said. He chuckled, did he just chuckle? I looked at him with a furious face, "I am," he added. "But you can't possibly be mad for something that happened twelve years ago?" He asked. 

"I am," I answered him, "especially since Y'all wanted to keep it a secret so bad. I can't believe you, Matthew, my parents considered you family, you were like the brother I never had and I can't believe you would do something like that." 

"I know," he said. "I was seventeen and I was stupid," he said. "Please don't be mad?" He asked. I looked at him, he really seemed sorry. I just never expected it would be him to do something like this. It really be those closest to you to hurt you. He was right though, I couldn't possibly be mad about something that happened over a decade ago. "If it makes you feel any better," he said. I looked up to see what he could possibly say to make me feel better.

"What Kevin and I had was just a fling. He was the only bisexual person I knew and I guess I was the only gay person he knew," he thought for a while. "We were like the last two on earth and we had to try to see what it felt like," he made hand movements trying to explain. "That makes no sense, what I'm trying to say is that we never love each other, I think it was more of a lust thing."

"Family don't lust over each other's boyfriends," I snapped at him. 

"Well, we're not actually related plus have you seen the guy?" He asked, "you need a lot of self-control not to lust over him," I almost gagged out of his statement. "And he has the best body and dick," I closed my eyes. What was with Alexis and him saying how hot his body is? I've known Kevin for a long time and I've never seen his dick which was kind of weird. 

"Ew," I said, "I don't want to hear it," I said. "You just-" I didn't know what to tell him. I didn't even know if I was mad at him. "Just stay away from me," I added leaving the kitchen already having enough of him. 

"There you are, honey," my mom said when I entered the living where everyone was seated. "We were just about to say our favorite things about him," I nodded my head and took a seat next to her. "I guess I should go," she added. Everyone chuckled and nodded their heads. "Um..." my mother said looking at me then at Cici. "I was married to the guy for forty years, we had two beautiful daughters," she said pointing at us. 

"Anyone who knew him knows that he was a stubborn son of a bitch," she joked. We all nodded our heads, "I loved everything about him including his stubbornness, but what I loved most was the type of husband he was, the father he was to our girls. He was always the cool parent, I always had to be the mean one. It was always ice cream after ice cream, he would stay up when one of the girls were hurt. It wasn't only family that treated this way, it was everyone around him. I remember one night he asked me if we could let this homeless man move in," my mom said.

"Elliot, his name was Elliot. He came one night and that's all he wanted to talk about. Of course, I had to be the sane one and tell him, no, but he still wanted to help out the man. He offered him a job and got him an apartment. He was always trying to help others no matter the cost, that's what I loved most about him." Everone clapped as she took a seat. My sister then stood to say what she loved most about him.