45

Today was again one of my least favorite days. It wasn't a least favorite day, it was one of my hated days. I hate a lot of days now that I think about. I hate Christmas, Thanksgiving, and especially Valentines Day. Today was Valentines Day. I do not hate it because I had no one to celebrate it with, but I hated it because of the whole concept. 

Humans had a funny way of celebrating the day of a massacre. We pretend we love people for one day of the year and the rest of the year we act like complete douchebags. So, yes, I hated the day. I laughed out loud at the movie A Madea Christmas when Tika Sumpter finally founds out the real reason her mama hates white people. Tyler Perry never ceases to satisfy me, he is a man of many talents. I threw some popcorn into my mouth, I am about to break into laughter again when my phone rang. I searched for it on the sofa where I left it hours ago. 

I checked the caller I.D. and saw that it was from Kevin. He better has a damn good reason for disturbing me from Tyler Perry. No one distracts me from him, no one. Kevin had moved out last week, I have to admit that I did enjoy his company mostly because of his smoothies. They woke me up every morning, but damn these smoothies were good. I clicked the answer button and put the phone in my ear. "Hello," I said.

There was no answer on the other side, I could hear him breathing, but there was no answer. "Hello," I said again. Was he playing a prank on me, I was in no mood for pranks right now. "Kevin, you better have a good reason for bothering me and not speaking," I said unto the phone. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered to the telephone.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked him.

"My voice," he said. Just then I heard his hoarse voice, aww he was sick. "I think I might be sick. Am I sick?" He asked me. I laughed, he never was one to deal great with sickness. He made sure he never got sick, he ate healthily and he exercised. When he got sick since it is a natural thing, he acts worse than a baby. 

"Yes," I answered him. "I'll come over," I told him. "I'll make you some soup when I get there," I said. Soup was one of the few foods that I can actually make. I used to get sick a lot as a kid and my dad used to make me this soup that always made me feel better. When I got older he taught me how to make it and I actually learned.

"Thank you," he whispered back.

"Be there in a few," I said. I hanged up the phone and got off my sofa. I rushed into my bedroom and put on some decent clothes since I was in my pajamas. I grabbed some ingredients from my fridge in case Kevin had no groceries. I grabbed a coat and made my way out the door. 

After the twenty-something minute drive, I finally reached my destination. I got out of the car and entered the apartment. I greeted the doorman and made my way towards the elevator. I pressed his floor and waited until it stopped. I then got out the elevator and walked down the long hallway until I reached Kevin's door. I knocked and waited for him to answer.

I knocked again but there was no answer, oh God, please don't tell me he passed out. He did pass out once when we were in high school when he got the flu. I knocked again in case he was in the bedroom or something. When he didn't answer, I tippy-toed and touched the top of the door where I knew he kept a spare key. Luckily it was there, I twisted the doorknob and entered the apartment.

It was silent, not a sound to be heard. Darkness filled the small apartment, only the light of the moon can be seen through the curtains. "Kev," I called him to see if he was around. Still, there was no answer. I found my way to the light and turned it on. The light made my eyes hurt since I been in the darkness for so long. I looked around, I walked to the kitchen. 

That's when I saw the rose petals in the shape of a heart on the floor. I put my hand over my heart in awe. I looked around to see if Kevin was hiding somewhere but he was still nowhere to be found. I was getting a bit worried, I set the things down on the counter. "Kev, I saw the rose petals if that was the surprise, can you come out now?" I asked. 

I started to search around in hopes of finding him. I stopped in my tracks when I saw lights from the balcony through the curtains. It was too bright to be the moon, I slid the curtains and opened the glass door. The balcony was adorned with pretty lights. I was once again in awe. In the middle was a beautiful table with glasses, wine and plates covered. I approached the table and spotted a note, maybe this would explain where the hell he was. 

I was going to punch him for making me think he was sick. I could have died of a heart attack. I opened the piece of a paper, it said to take a seat. I shrugged my shoulders and took a seat. There was a red button in front of me saying to press it. I hesitated, I didn't know what might happen after I click it. What if it was a bomb. I shook my head, I definitely think the worse. I sighed and pressed the button. Nothing happened, mhmm. I pressed it again, this time harder.

I heard a guitar being played slowly one string at a time. I looked around and still, there was no one. I admired the music though, it was All of Me by John Legend

"What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright,
" the lyric commenced. I smiled liking the familiar voice. Kevin was singing me a song. I shook my head, he definitely was turning Valentines into one of my favorite holidays. 

"My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you,
" he continued. 

"How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every move
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you," my favorite part of the song was sung. 

I heard the guitar coming closer so I turned around. There stood Kevin playing the guitar, he smiled at me as he continued to sing. My heart melted, I felt all the pain, hurt go away. I got up from my seat and listened as he finished the song. He played the last guitar string and I clapped. I ran and gave him a hug.

I didn't mind people hugging me but I wasn't much of a hugger, but I felt like that what I wanted to do. He wrapped his hands around me also hugging me. "That was amazing," I whispered in his ear.

"You're amazing, I mean it," he whispered back. I pulled back and looked into his eyes. He was being honest.

"You play the guitar?" I asked him. I never knew he did.

"Not really, it just something I have been doing in my free time," he said looking at the guitar.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him.

"Because I may or may not have wanted to impress you," A smiled appeared on my face. 

"Well, I'm impressed."

AN

Happy Easter everyone. 

Does anyone actually egg hunt????

 I'm curious...

Has anyone ever surprised you with something romantic?

Au Revoir...