I. REUNION

TRAILER:

"HARPER!"

"HARPER!"

The brunette whirled around at the sound of her own name, a warm feeling spreading in her chest for this first time in weeks when her brown eyes casted on two of her best friends. Allison Argent and Lydia Martin darted forwards and Harper Verum dropped her suitcase, the three teenage girls sharing one of the tightest group hugs ever.

Her heart was pounding out of her chest as her dainty hands scrambled for the back of Allison's oversized jumper, pulling her closer as if she was scared that she would take off. Harper's head rested on Lydia's shoulder, the strawberry blonde's coconut scented shampoo invading Harper's nostrils and filling her with a sense of nostalgia.

The Empath could literally feel the love radiating off of them, and it made her feel better than she had in so long. Harper had had the worst summer of her life, so seeing her friends made her feel better.

Take note: not good, but better.

"I missed you guys so much," Harper sighed as she pulled away, looking at her two best female friends.

While Lydia looked exactly the same from the last time Harper had seen her, Allison had changed slightly. The tallest girl looked slightly more mature and had cut her hair just below shoulder length. She had the fronts pinned back behind her, and a different glow to her face.

"We all missed you too," the hunter grinned, punching Harper's arm playfully as she began to drag her suitcase towards the exit of the airport.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "yeah, especially Stiles," she huffed, a slight teasing tone to her voice.

Harper's heart skipped a beat at the mention of the hazel eyed boy. While at the start of Harper's trip they had kept in contact every hour of every day, after Rose had passed away at the end of July, Harper hadn't really had much communication with him, or anyone for that matter.

Stiles always had a way of getting the truth out of his girlfriend, and Harper didn't even want to admit it yet. Everybody back in Beacon Hills had assumed that the day Harper had stopped calling in was the day that Rose had died. She only texted Stiles now and then, maybe once a week, and when he asked how Rose was, she left him on read.

"H-how is he by the way?" Harper wondered out loud, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly, "is he good?"

Harper really hoped that he wasn't angry with her for shutting him out for the past month or so. She just didn't want to have the conversation with him over the phone, she wanted him in person, but she couldn't have him, so she decided to mourn by herself.