XXVII. HALLOWEEN

Danny's annual Halloween party was taking place in a pretty ironic place this year- an actual werewolf's loft. Not that the werewolf knew that, of course. Derek was out of town for a few days, so Ethan had snuck inside and set up a blacklight party, much to the lacrosse player's delight.

Currently, the party was in full swing. Teenagers from Beacon High danced around as neon lights lit up the otherwise-pitch-black-room. A girl was painting people in a corner of the room, causing everything to light up and look like something out of a movie.

By the wall of windows, a DJ booth had been set up where a former student played awful songs with no lyrics that everybody danced along to. Booze stained Derek's floors and the stench hung in the air, something Harper knew the werewolf would definitely not be pleased about.

Harper had arrived with Lydia about an hour ago and was already drunk, an easy grin on her face as she danced with some girls she had spoken to a couple of times before, a cup of beer in her right hand. Lydia was next to her a few seconds later.

"Have you seen Aiden?" She called above the booming bass of the music Harper resented.

The brunette shrugged, "to be honest, with all these flashing lights, I can't really see shit!" She exclaimed before laughing and turning back to her new friends.

Rolling her eyes, Lydia huffed and walked away, leaving Harper to her own devices. The strawberry blonde knew exactly what Harper was like when she was drunk- too carefree and happy for her own good.

"Look!" One of the girls, Jackie, giggled, "that guy just walked in alone and he's totally hot."

Harper turned her head over her shoulder, her brown eyes immediately finding who they were talking about. Her boyfriend, Stiles Stilinski. She watched as one of the girls with a neon wig and excessive face paint licked her lips, only spreading the bright purple mess around her face more.

"Keep your eyes-" Harper paused, blinking from how intoxicated she was, "to yourselves, ladies!" She laughed, "he's mine."

The girl with the neon wig folded her arms across her chest, "how come you get him? I saw him first!"

"How come I had sex with him last night then?" Harper slurred, an easy grin on her face as she began to whoop at her own comeback, "that's right, get in line, girls."

"Bitch," one of them muttered under their breath as Harper began to move away, heading straight towards the boy they had been staring at.

"Hey," she cut him off from the conversation he had been having with Scott and Kira.

They seemed to be having a pretty serious talk, however, their eyebrows all raised in amusement when they saw how ridiculously wasted Harper was. It was strange to see her so careless as she bopped her head to the music and grinned like a madman. It was almost adorable.

"You're pretty hot," the brunette told Stiles loudly above the roaring bass, "ridiculously hot, actually."

Scott snickered while Stiles chuckled awkwardly, "I would hope you'd think that you know? Since I am your boyfriend."

Harper grinned, "I know."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down into a kiss, her lips immediately rough and sloppy against his. Stiles could taste the alcohol on her as his eyes fluttered shut, becoming comfortable.