IX. STITCHED UP

stitched up

stitched up

Allison set Scott down on the floor beneath the sinks, Stiles reluctantly placing Harper down next to him so that Allison could try and help. Grunts escaped Scott's lips every few seconds now, his eyes scrunched up as the pain only intesified. Harper was far paler than usual, her actions almost mirroring Scott's.

The hunter lifted up Scott's shirt, almost gasping at the sight. His wound now had black veins trailing from it, and it was getting worse. She lifted up Harper's shirt, seeing the exact same thing.

"Oh my god," Allison whispered, "Scott, why didn't you tell us?"

"Sorry," Scott replied weakly.

"Okay," she stroked both of their arms comfortingly, "just give us a second, okay?"

Allison climbed up off of the floor and turned to face Stiles and Lydia, who were both watching worriedly. Lydia's eyes lingered on Harper for a second, a distraught look on her face as she watched her best friend clearly hold back a cry.

"This shouldn't be happening," Allison muttered, "I've seen him heal from much worse than this."

Lydia moved over to Stiles and Allison, leaving Harper and Scott on the floor. Scott's hand moved to Harper's as the three began to talk, resting his large hand on top of hers and patting it gently.

"I'm sorry," he practically wheezed, "this is my fault."

Harper would have chuckled if she could have, so instead she shook her head and smiled slightly through the agonising pain.

"It's not your fault, Scotty," she turned her hand so that her fingers could lace with his, and she gave his hand a squeeze, "I guess this kinda just comes with being an Empath."

Scott hummed slightly, unable to talk anymore. Harper's breathing started coming out in short pants as she leaned her head on his shoulder, barely able to keep her eyes open anymore. Scott was getting worse, and she could feel it.

...

Stiles sat Scott up against the wall behind him, moving Harper away so that she wasn't leaning on him anymore. While Allison burned a needle with a lighter, the Stilinski boy set up paper towels all around the werewolf quickly.

"He's gonna need another shirt, where's his bag?" Allison called from over her shoulder as she prepared to stitch Scott up.

"On the coach, but-" Stiles' eyes casted towards his girlfriend without even realising it.

"Stiles," Harper cut him off weakly, "don't worry about it. Just go and get his bag. You hate needles anyway."

Stiles' hazel eyes softened as he kneeled down beside Harper, cupping her cheek in his hand and leaning in to peck her forehead. She managed a small smile as Stiles sighed stressfully.

"I love you," he rushed before getting up.

Just as he was about to leave, he turned to face Allison, looking at her unsurely.

"Uh, do you know what you're doing?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, my father taught me," she  didn't turn around from where she was still burning the needle to tell him.

"I mean, how fast are you gonna... I mean the bus, like, the bus could leave," Stiles pressed.

Allison turned around now, looking at him in frustration, "okay, just make sure it doesn't leave," she warned him.

"I can help. Come on," Lydia sighed, grabbing Stiles' arm and dragging him out of the bathroom, leaving just Allison and Scott and Harper.

"Okay," Allison told herself, before looking over at Harper, whose eyes were closing, "Harper, stay awake, all right?"

The short brunette attempted to open her eyes again, but she failed. As her mind began to shut down, she heard Allison distantly warning Scott to stay awake too. She wondered if Scott was dying. She wondered if that was why she couldn't feel herself, or why she was unable to keep her eyes open.

Her last thoughts were of Stiles, and his beautiful, hazel eyes- before all of a sudden her brain went fuzzy and then- darkness.

...

Slender fingers ran through her thick hair, gently parting any small knots and soothing the small ache in her head. Harper's eyes slowly flickered open, squinting as sunlight from the bus' window shone straight onto her face. A hand pressed against her cheek, and forced her to look up.

Harper noticed that her head was resting on Stiles' lap, her body curled up on the rest of the seats. His hazel eyes stared down at her in concern, but a soft smile formed on his lips upon seeing his girlfriend awake and healthy.

"What happened?" The Empath questioned, wincing as she sat up to sit next to him properly.

Stiles held her hand, gently stroking her soft skin. Lydia, Allison and Scott sat at the very back of the bus right behind them, all three of them smiling at Harper, silently telling her that they were glad she was awake.

"You passed out after I left," Stiles began to explain, "but Allison stitched up Scott, and your marks are gone. We had to sneak you onto the bus while Coach was busy trying to get Isaac off of Ethan."

She frowned, "what did Ethan do?"

Lydia cut in, "well, Isaac found out about Scott and you, and he got really mad. That and his pack basically killed his Alpha."

Harper's face softened at the mention of Derek. While they hadn't gotten along particuarly well, and he had threatened her life multiple times, she still considered him acquaitance of hers. He was a good person underneath the leather jackets and distant glares.

"Can we talk about something else?" Scott interjected, "enough about Derek for today."

Stiles nodded, "sure, buddy."

But everything went silent for a few seconds, because nobody knew what else to say. It was then that Harper realised that her entire life was now reloved around the supernatural, and that she didn't really have a social life anymore- apart from Harry, but he wasn't really up for discussion.

Then, footsteps made their way up the bus and Isaac and Boyd sat in the seats in front of Harper and Stiles. Isaac turned to face Harper, sending her a small smile.

"I'm glad you're okay," he told her honestly.

Harper smiled back, "thanks, Isaac."

Stiles took her hand suddenly, causing her to look down. She raised her eyebrow at Stiles but the Stilinski boy just shrugged, turning his head away from her and looking out the window at all the cars going by. The sun was starting to set, creating an orange and pink pattern in the light sky.

Harper felt the jealousy radiating off of Stiles and chuckled slightly, leaning her head against his shoulder. She watched as all of her friends began to doze off, but Harper had been asleep for so long that she wasn't tired anymore. Instead, she sat in the centre of her friends, thankful that they were so amazing.

...

this chapter is pathetically short and boring— like me.

aLSO I TOTALLY FORGOT TO PUBLISH THIS LAST NIGHT SORRY