Chapter 9

Omega Pov

He was moving around the furniture for me while I cooked. The first thing I noticed was that I'd have to scale down my recipes a bit. I no longer am cooking for a few hundred weres but, instead just two. I've decided to make some bowtie pasta. I love this moment.
Will never stopped smiling once during the whole walk back. It certainly made me feel safer to know that he wasn't angry at me for saying his name. Once I had realized what I had done I thought he'd be angry, instead, he was overjoyed. I'm not sure what to do with this knowledge however, I certainly feel safer now. I realize I've probably pushed a lot of old rules yet, somehow this is what hits it home for me that maybe I'm not an omega anymore. I think about how much time I've spent in his room, I yelled at him once, and I've even kissed him.
A large thud from upstairs interrupts my train of thought. With how gentle he's been recently I almost forget his strength sometimes. He is a large man and certainly muscular. He's rather tall too. He towers over me, though that isn't hard to do with me being so short. He's an alpha too so his normal strength is kind of multiplied by that.
Suddenly I feel something kind of weird in my head. I feel sort of dizzy but, in a good way. I put my hands on to the kitchen counter in front of me to steady myself as waves of this wash over me. I look around and it's not like the room is spinning or anything. This is bizarre though not unpleasant.
What was I just thinking about again? Oh yeah, Will. He is certainly handsome. The wait was this what I was thinking? That's kind of an odd thought to be having. We shared a bed for a while. We've kissed before it felt nice. We should do that again. I abandon the water boiling on the stove to go find him.
I walk up the stairs almost blindly. I find him in the second bedroom sitting on the bed he just put there with his head in his hands. He looks up at me and he's different somehow.
The honey color of his eyes seems deeper. His hair begs me to run my fingers through it. His jawline look harder and sharper. His lips are so inviting. I think he may be talking right now but, his words aren't really reaching me. I can see the muscles expanding under his shirt as he inhaled. I remember hearing the girls in the pack house talking about how he was in bed and a ping of jealousy hits me.
His eyes suddenly widen at something but, I don't really care. I'm on him in seconds. I press my lips to him while I straddle his lap. He doesn't kiss me back. I don't even take the time to feel rejected before I pull back a bit and hold eye contact with him as I pull my shirt up over my head. His eyes darken at the sight. He clears his throat.
"Hope I'm not going to do this with you now okay?", he almost pleads with me, "you're in heat and you deserve better than this". I scowl at his words and push him back suddenly with some new found strength. My hands wander up his shirt taking in the sparks that are so much more potent now. His stomach is hard and smooth against my touch. He groans at the invasion, I know he's feeling all of this too so, I don't get why he doesn't want me back. Maybe I'm not as pretty as the other girls but, I still have these sparks on my side. An idea comes to my head.

...
Will Pov

She's in heat. She doesn't truly want me like this. I can't deny how amazing it feels to have my mate's small soft hand exploring my body I know this isn't right. I don't know what to do right now though because, I'm so scared to hurt her again so I don't want to force her off me but, I can't let this go any further. As much as I want her, I can't take advantage of her like that.
She stares hungrily down at me while I keep my hands on her hips; in part to stop her from removing her pants and in part to stop her from falling and hurting herself. I hope she doesn't notice the bulge straining against my jeans.
Suddenly her lips are once again on me but, this time they're trailing along my jaw and down my neck. She kisses needfully towards to base of my neck. Then she hits a sensitive spot that makes me a jolt. She starts nibbling and sucking at the spot. If she bites down there, she will mark me. Usually, this is a ritual where mates mark each other showing their acceptance of one another. If she marks me then that will link us fully as a mate. It will take back the rejection.
I have always wanted to make love to my mate. Others would have done this the moment they found each other and with me being an alpha it'd last days. Above that, I craved her acceptance so deeply. I have never wanted anything more than being able to love this girl freely. If I let this happen then the mate bond would fully develop, and she would quicker forgive my past misdeeds. I want this... But, she doesn't.
At that moment just as I feel her teeth press almost deep enough, I lift her up and put her down on the bed beside us before running to the door and slamming it closed behind me. A nanosecond later I feel her small fists pounding at the door that I now hold closed.
She says seductive and angry things through the door. Tears stream down my face. I want her as bad as she thinks she wants me. I could have her acceptance if I just opened the door. I could have everything I ever wanted if I just opened the door.
The thing about heat is that the female is incredibly fertile. Thus, begins once a female meets her mate about once a month or so. Hers mostly didn't happen before now due to her malnourishment. If I was even slightly better to her before recent then I'd of found out about her being my mate so much sooner.
With her being like this right now if I opened the door then I'd most likely have not only my mate in my arms but, we'd most likely start a family too.
Tears stream my face at the thought that if I hadn't hurt her before then she'd most likely be a few months along by now. I want a family with this girl.so much that it hurts. Everything about this hurt.
...
I hold the door all night long and eventually, she stops her attempts to get at me and I can hear her sitting on the other side of the door. The first few days of daylight are streaming through a window to my right and I realize it's over now.
I open the door gently and peek down at her exhausted form. She starts blushing and the ground. I smile a bit at her acute embarrassment.
I gather her into my arms and carry her to her room and tuck her comfortably into her bed. She's already dozed off before I even get the covers up over her. I smile at how cute she is all curled up and relaxed like this. I turn my back and step away from her. I try to be quiet so as not to wake her. Suddenly I feel tingles shooting up my arm. I turn to see her small hand encircling my wrist whilst she still sleeps. I smile at this. She is more than I deserve.

 She is more than I deserve