Chapter 3 - It Started

Hanna POV

"No way Hanna" my mom yelled at me for asking permission for my first girl's night out. Two days before Candy and I planned for a girl's night out together with Andy. I know it's going to be hard getting permission from my mom. I used all means to convince her but failed. Right now I'm thinking about what I should do, when someone rang our door bell. I went to see who it was and found Nick standing there with some files in his hand.
"Hi" I greeted with a frown face.
He asked "what happened?"
"Welcome Nick" my mom voiced from inside.
"Dad asked me to pass these papers to uncle" Nick explained the reason for his visit.
"Good thing ; you are here Nick, I want you to do me something honey "my mom approached him with a smile in her face.
"Anything for you" said nick looking confused.
"I just want you to go with Hanna for shopping" said my mom when her phone cuts her off in the middle and she left me and nick alone.
Nick told me what the big deal, I shall join you.
"I'm not just going for shopping, it's a girls night out and my friends will be there too" I told nick.
He raised his eye brows and questioned "friends?"
"Yeah friends, not many only two".
"Two? " Nick asked curiously.
When my mom came back Nick told her that he would do it for her with a smirk shooting towards me. I can't interpret his thoughts.
The next day when I arrived at our meeting spot I hesitated but informed Andy and Candy that my cousin Nick too will accompany us.
"What?" both of them exclaimed at the same time.
"Mom order; can't do anything. But don't worry girls Nick is not the type to hang out with girls; he will move once we get to do our stuff" I assured both of them.

Nick POV

I searched my whole wardrobe to find something to wear tomorrow. My thoughts are engulfed in finding ways to make that short girl realize what a great catch I am. When Hanna said two; my mind immediately thought of that girl. I'm sure she will be there tomorrow. "Wait for me baby doll; you will be surprised "my mind voiced over.
When I reached their meet point I searched for Hanna. When I saw her she waved at me to come there. There were three of them; I went near them. "GOT you baby doll "I thought to myself when I saw that short girl there. But she is busy in looking at the ice-cream menu card in her hand. Hanna introduced me as her cousin to them and the other girl tried to smile and told "I am Andrea" But Candice gave a knowing look at me and went to look at the menu. She asked what we like to have then she asked anyone to come with her.
"I will go with you "I told Candice.
Hanna gave me a "What in the world is happening" look, but before she could ask anything I moved from there to seek Candy.
"Don't try to ignore me baby doll" I whispered in Candy's ears.
"What? Baby doll? Who?" she shouted with anger.
"You only" I said teasingly.
"Don't call me like that" she said irritated.
I'm relaxed to see her own self come back.
"Why not Baby doll? "I asked in a childish tone.
She just stomped my foot with hers and ignored me while I asked her "Tell me honestly; you are happy about my presence today. Am I Right baby doll?"
"Dream on Nick "she pouted.
We gave our order and went back to our seat to find no one. We waited for Hanna and Andy.
This whole time Candy acted normal as if nothing happened between us. But how could she be normal?? The more I think about it the deeper my pride hurts.
Candy started to have her ice cream; I trying hard to control my laughter on seeing her eating like a small child. She is one big messy eater. She got some cream around her lips so I tried to tell her that. She is dump, not enough to know what I'm saying her. So I wiped her cream with my hands unknowingly touching her lips. She froze for a second gazing at me. Even I too can't think of a way to reason my action. This is very awkward. All of a sudden her expression changed; she gave a huge smile with a waving hand to someone who's behind me. I turned to see who it was. I'm shocked to see the person standing there. Yeah it's Blake, the person I wish to see as the last one on the earth. Blake too got surprised to see me there. The first question he raised at Candy is" how you know him Candy?".
What? Candy? he called her by nick name. I got little upset so before Candy could answer I told him "We were in a night out".
Blake got shocked on hearing this. But before I could enjoy this moment Hanna and her friend came back and Blake caught up the whole scene. Hanna introduced Blake to me as her friend com classmate. He gave me a smirk and sat next to Candice and started eating her ice cream. Hanna suggested us to catch up a movie. Candy along with Blake went to get some tickets but it's been a long time, they were not back. When I was just about to move from there they both showed up. We moved to the theatre. Blake sat next to Candy and I'm at the other end with Hanna. I'm really trying not to show what I feel, during the whole movie both Candy and Blake were so talkative and their laughter irritated me more.
After the movie we decided to part ways. Hanna asked Blake to drop Candice at her place since it's on his way. Me, Hanna and Andy got in my car. Candy happily waved at her friends and thanked them for this night out. I just stared her the whole time unknowingly. I wished she would bid me bye but she just turned to Blake ignoring me. Right now I can't think straight. What she told must be true then. She truly doesn't feel anything towards me. Me, who want to hurt her, got hurt instead.

Candice POV

When Hanny told us that Nick will be here with us I'm speechless. How could I face him? I haven't told Hanny about our encounter the other day. What if he acted like that again? How I'm going to react ?thoughts filled inside me. Hanna waved at someone. It's Nick. He is looking handsome in his blue jeans and white shirt. I can't takeaway my eyes from him.
I decided to keep me calm. But it's really a hard thing for me to do so. When Hanna introduced Nick I just looked up at him for a second. He eyes caught mine. His eyes are doing a magic art that no one could resist. So I suddenly moved my eyes to the menu in my hand. When I moved to place our order; it was Nick who followed me. For whom I tried to escape from there is standing next to me. I can sense his eyes staring at me so I just acted as if nothing is affecting me. But I'm nervous, totally. I tried hard not to show about how I feel. But he kept on teasing me by calling me 'Baby doll' so I just stomped his foot to shut his mouth. When we went back to our seats girls were not there. These two are totally helping me to dig my own graveyard today. To relax myself, I started to dig in my ice cream. It tastes like heaven. I'm really enjoying it. But when Nick touched my lips I felt the warmness in his hands, unlike his cold appearance his hands are too warm.I just don't know what to do now.When we were in an awkward situation Blake showed up. Thank god; heaven must have sent him here to help me ignore Nick. I noticed a change of expression in Nick after Blake presence. So I used this to have some space for me. I urged Blake to help me get tickets. I had my breath back when I'm out of Nick's eyes.
I dragged the time as much as possible to show up again before Nick. Movie was good, literally. Time passed in a second; I had so much fun during the whole movie all because of two reasons. One Blake, who commented on every hilarious move made on the screen and the other one is Nick, he is out of my sight so I could stay relaxed.
I thanked Hanna who asked Blake to accompany me. Nick just went to his car. It was really hard to act as I'm ignoring Nick who is staring at me the time we bid our goodbyes. What's happening to me when I'm around Nick; I questioned myself. I'm not being myself lately. A call from Blake's phone interrupted my thoughts. He answered the call and looked at me looking confused.
"Who it was?"I asked him.
"My coach, come let's move from here "he replied.
"Tell me Blake, why he called you at this time?"I enquired.
"It's just about my meet with some sponsor; it's not a big deal "he told.
"Not a big deal? Just go and meet your Coach Blake; or else I would feel a little guilty" I told him.
"What about you Candy? How will you go alone?"He worriedly asked me.
"It's not important, I shall manage; you move fast, that's what I want" I assured him and then he moved half heartedly making sure to call him once I reach home.
I'm a little scared to be alone at this late night but I said to myself that I can do it. I asked Blake to go and meet his coach. But he insisted to drop me before going. I know the meeting with the sponsor is very important than me. So I compelled him to go without worrying about me. Before going he asked me to inform once I reached my place.
Today was my first night out with friends. I have never gone on a night out before. Today I don't know how I will go home. Actually I am afraid of darkness. I turned and looked around the roads. Other than me no one was there. The streets light were bickering. I can hear some strange noise from the surrounding. I walked fast and reached the subway. The bus stop was at the other end of the subway. I think I did a big mistake about telling Blake to go without dropping me home. Somehow I gathered my courage and entered into the subway. It was pretty dark inside. I heard some footsteps behind me. I increased my speed. I can feel the speed of the footsteps behind me also getting increased. I can feel someone is trying to snatch my bag. I started running from there in fear and stopped in the middle of road. I saw a black SUV is coming from my right side. Before my mind could process I was blacked out.