Chapter 10 - Confession

Candice POV

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Nick just now confessed his feeling towards me.

I can't believe that. Is he out of mind? How come he asked me to be his girlfriend in front of everyone? I am too embarrassed to stay there.

Or could it be, he is serious in me?

Whatever it is, I felt like I was on cloud nine. The greatest Nicholas is now confessing his feelings to me in front of public.

What should I say to him? Yes or no. I know my answer is yes. But I don't want to tell him now.

He should be punished for hurting me and making me to cry. So I decided to play with him.

If I tell No, will he be hurt? I also don't want him to get hurt.

Ahhh.... My heart is always my first enemy whenever I think about him.

After a long pause I opened my mouth to say "I will think about it Nick".

First he was shocked by my answer but in fraction of second his expression changed.

I can see his eyes were filled with love and desire. He looked deep into my eyes. His eyes didn't leave mine.

"I will wait for you, my baby doll" he said from his heart.

I can feel the love from his words. I was jumping hard in happiness inside me. If I stay here for some more time then I might say YES to him.

"I think I need to go" I babbled.

He grabbed my hand and moved closer to me.

"Don't make me wait for a long time" he whispered to me huskily.

I threw a faked angry look at him and walked away without turning to him. An unknowing smile spread over my lips.

Today me, Hanny and Andy were staying in my place. They were angry on me for hiding everything about me and Nick. Though I know their anger will not be more than 10 minutes, I begged them to forgive me with my puppy eyes. They both burst into laughter and hugged me. Hanny said that she is happy for me and Nick.

She asked me about my feelings towards Nick. On mention of his name my face turned into crimson red. They started teasing me for knowing my answer.

Andy asked "Then why didn't you accept him?".

"After all the things he did to me, how could I accept him without any punishment?" I scoffed.

Hanna gasped in surprise "Are you gonna play hard?".

"Not like that...At least for few days..." I chuckled.

We had some girls talk and time flew like anything.

Next day I was both happy and nervous to go college. Now I became infamous among girls. All thanks to Nick. I feel like everyone was staring at me. I can tell that most of them hated me because of Nick's confession. Because of that idiot I have to go through this.

I was stopped in my tracks by a random guy. I have seen him before in college but I don't know much about him. He gave me rose with a cheesy smile on his face. I was shocked and confused by his action.

"Hi Candice... I am Jake..." he said shyly.

"H....i.... Jake....." somehow I greeted him with doubtful thought while looking at the rose in his hands.

"Do you know me?" I asked him in curious.

"Yes...I know you...But you don't know me..." he said.

"What do you mean by that? " I puzzled.