Chapter 7 - Promise

Nick POV

As usual my day started from Candice's home. Yes, I am following Candice from her home to college everyday.So far it's going fine.May be the culprit knows about my presence around Candice and he is staying out from her. When I followed her in the evening, leaving from college to home I felt doubtful when she entered into the cafe near the college. It seems unlike herself to go a cafe alone.So I waited for her to come out. I checked my watch impatiently. Why is it taking her so long time? After sometime Candice showed up from the cafe and walked towards the college.

I was confused. Why she is going to college at this hour? She is walking nervously and turned around to see whether someone is following her. I felt something fishy. Suddenly I went behind her ,clamped my hand over her mouth and pulled her behind the building. She started to panic and tried to escape from my hold. I held her more tight and clutched her so close to me.

"Shh...Baby doll...Don't shout..." I whispered in her ears to make her realize it was me.

Her eyes got lights up when she saw me there.

"What are you doing here Nick" She asked me in a hurry and checked the surrounding.

I asked her why she came her now. She said that she came to college to collect her notebook.

I know she lied. Did she think that I will believe her lies??even a child can find out that she is lying. She don't even know how to lie.

Somehow I managed to make her tell everything. I was shocked on hear this.

Now I understood why the culprit was silent for the past few days. The culprit blackmailed her to come alone by using Hanna and Andrea's names.

I told her that I will go with her but she refused. After a huge argument I said that she can go alone but I will follow her. She accepted half-heartedly.

If I don't let her go alone now, then the culprit will be alerted and I couldn't catch him. So I decided to take risk and send her alone. When she was about to walk away from me, I turned her facing me.

I held her carefully and looked into her eyes. Her body felt uneasy and tensed. I promised myself "I will protect you Baby doll" and kissed her forehead. Her eyes went wide seeing me.

She was standing in front of the chemistry lab. I stood behind a tree near the building and checked the surrounding. I saw someone from the top floor is pushing a flower pot. I was shocked to see the person. Somehow I saved Candice by pushing her to the other side. I got hit by the pot. I checked her for any injuries but thank god she looks fine.

I tried to make her move from that place as soon as possible because it is too dangerous to be there. But she insisted on checking my bleeding. I shouted at her and drove her home.

She didn't get down.She was playing with my patience. Already I'm pissed off from knowing the culprit. So I shouted at her to get down, but she took my car keys and went near her door. I followed back but her parents saw me. They ordered her to treat my wound.

She ask me to follow So I followed her to her bedroom. She made me to sit on the couch and went to bring the first aid kit.

I looked around her room. Her room is exact opposite to mine. Her room is full of pink and white whereas mine is black,gray and white. Her room is also like her, warm and beautiful.

She came back with the first aid box. I felt her soft touch in my forehead. She cleaned my wound. I'm fighting hardly with myself not to look at her. Once she is done I walked out from her room. She called my name. I didn't try to turn back. When I was about to get inside my car she grabbed my hands and stopped me.