Chapter 4 - Stay away from her

Nick POV

I don't want Candice to go with Blake. But Hanna suggested Blake to drop her home since they are going in same way. I don't want to react infront of Hanna. I was waiting for Candice to say bye but she is busy talking with Blake. Hanna and Andy said bye to Blake and Candice. I started the car half heartedly. I dropped Andy and Hanna at their places.

On my way home, my mind recalled today's incidents. Suddenly I saw someone running from the other side of the road. I tried to stop to the car by pulling the brake. Unfortunately the car slightly hit the girl. I got down from the car and saw a girl lying on the road. I went near to check and tried to wake her up. I was shocked when I saw her face. My heart stopped beating when I saw Candice. My eyes scanned her for any injuries. Thankgod... She had only slight scratches in her hand and leg. Without wasting time I carried her in my arms and placed her inside the car and drove to my home.

I rang the calling bell and waited for my mom to open the door. I opened the car door and picked up Candice in bridal style and started walking inside. I walked towards my bedroom and placed her gently in my bed. I turned and see my mom standing behind me with questioning look. I signalled my mom to go outside the room before locking it.

"Nick... Who is she??? What happened to her??? Why you brought her here???" mom started firing questions at me.

"Mom... wait... wait...wait... Let me explain you one by one..." I said.

"Mom... This is Candice... My College junior... Hanna's friend also.... She met with an accident because of me..." I explained shortly.

"Please take care of her for me tonight" I said to mom. Before she could answer I placed the first aid box in her hand.

"Mom tonight I will stay in guest room... "I said to her and moved to next room.

My mind is fully occupied with the thoughts of one person, Candice. I felt guilty. I called Hanna and told her about Candice accident. I asked her about Candice's parents. She told they are out of town and will be back tomorrow. She was very much worried. I was deeply lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. My mom came inside the room.

"Mom... Is she okay??? Did she need anything???" I asked her.

She gave me a grin and said "Candice's parents called her... I told them about the accident and asked them not to worry...Her mom said they are out of city so I assured them that I shall take care of her tonight... I gave them our address so that they can come here by morning".

"Thanks mom..." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Anything for you my son" she said and kissed.

"How is she? Did she wake up?" I asked.

"She is fine now. She is sleeping" mom assured.

"Why are worrying about her too much? Do you like her?"She asked me.

"Oh mom. It's not like what you think.. I just felt guilty for her. That's all" I assured her with a sheepish smile.

She gave me an unsatisfiable look and said" Ok Nick. Good night. Sleep well".

"Good night mom" I bid my bye.

I'm unable to sleep. I want to go and check her. I walked inside her room; sorry my room. I saw her sleeping soundly. I sat next to her and watched her sleeping. She looked beautiful while sleeping. Her cute little hands are well placed between the pillow and her head, as if the pillow is not enough for her. No wonder I called her a "baby doll". Even she sleeps like a baby. I checked her hand but Mom already cleaned her wound and put plasters in her hand. On seeing this sudden anger rose inside me. If Blake is now here I would have punched him hardly. How could he leave Candice alone when she went with him?