Chapter 5 - Save me from this darkness

Blake's POV

Till now soccer is the only thing which give happiness in my life more than anything. But nowadays I am having much more interest in one thing other than soccer, my Candice.

I felt happy when I'm with Candy. She is pretty inside out. She gives happiness to the persons around them. She motivated me more whenever I'm feeling down. Recently I realised my special feelings towards her but I know she is not feeling the same. So, I just don't want to give her a hard time. I like the way in which we are now. May be one day she too will feel the same to me. One day I will confess my feeling towards her.

Soon I realised that I had made a foolish decision. The day I saw Candy with Nick my heart stopped for a moment. The image of candy with another guy kills me. I know Nick before, he is not the type to have fun with girls. But why he was there with them? These ridiculous thoughts made me crazy. The way he looked at Candy seems there is something on his mind. What if he tries to hurt to my Candy? I want her to feel safe and protected by me.

She really enjoyed the movie which we watched together. Hanna asked me to drop Candy at her place. I felt happy to have some private space with her. We started talking about some college stuff. She showed all kind of expression in her face. She even made weird voices while imitating our friends. But our conversation got cut off when I got a call from my coach. He urged me to meet him regarding my sponsor. But how could I leave Candy all alone? She insisted me to go. I had no other choice than to leave.

Next day I regretted my action a million times. When Hanna called and told about Candy's accident I had no words to justify me. I should not have listened to her. I should have protected her. I went a little early to college so I can meet Candy.

When I'm waiting for her to show up, Hanna came and told me that Nick was the one who saved Candy. My heart shattered into million pieces. The thoughts of my girl getting saved from another guy killed me. On the top of it, I saw Nick coming towards our class followed by Candy. He is carrying Candy's things. I want to stop him, not only from entering my class but also from Candy's eyes. I blocked his way to stop him in his tracks. He criticised me for being an irresponsible guy. I warned him to stay away from Candy. But he challenged me which made me want to punch him hard. I grabbed his collar to fight him. But Candy stopped me from doing so. She seemed weaken unable to stand on her own. I just ran to her and held her in my arms. She asked me to help her to walk. I felt both relieved and happy to hear such words from her to me. I just want to show Nick, that I'm the one she needs in her difficult time. He should learn his lessons.

After that day I'm busy with my practice, competing in nationals this year. I barely got time to spend with Candy. She always cheered me to have fun while playing. I decided to express my feeling to her. Nothing goes according to my plan. I messed up every chance that I got to tell her.

Finally, I thought of something. I saw Candy at gallery waiting for me to wish me good luck. When I went near her she gave me a big smile and sang me a song wishing me victory. Then she gave me a present which is a pair of shoes. She once again wished me good luck. I just want to hold her in my arms but I stopped myself from doing that.

"Candy, I want to say you something" I told her.

"Yeah Blake, tell me what" she asked.

"I... I... I am in..." I stuck in my words.

"What happened Blake??" she enquired seeing me acting weird.

"What will you do for me if I won this match? "I asked her.

"Anything for you my friend" she said with a smile.

"Promise me, that you will not say no for me" I asked her with hesitation.