Bait[10](Edited)

"What do you mean that there are more vampires?" I asked warily, feeling fear take me over.

"Well, Cold Ones run in covens, Little One; they aren't usually alone. According to Jacob, the vampire that attacked you is new to the area, so I am certain that she isn't alone." Billy told me.

"The pack has come across unfamiliar scents, and were unable to trace them passed the Canadian boarder, but we know that there are at least 5, which is big for a coven of Red-Eyes." Jacob added.

"Red-Eyes?"

"Yes, Red-Eyes feed on human blood, whereas the Cullen's feed on the blood of animals, and have a golden color to their irises." Billy clarified carefully, wheeling himself to sit before Jake and I.

"Well, what are we just sitting here for? Let's fight!" I nearly yelled.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there, speedy Gonzales! You are not fighting anyone." Jake told me, wrapping his arms around my waist and securely holding me close to his chest.

Anger flooded through me, and I began to shudder, feeling nothing more than the warmth of Jacob's skin on mine. The room around me began to fade at the edges, and I got the sense that we were being watched, someone was outside. In a blur, I was up and at the back door, staring into a face standing near the fringe of the forest. It was the same woman from the clearing, her auburn hair is billowing in the breeze, and a sadistic smile was playing on her full lips. In no time, Jacob was at my side, a deep growl resonating from his throat. I felt a firm hand grab my wrist, and looked down, meeting the infuriated face of Billy; he wasn't even looking at me, he was staring at the Red-Eye, doing his best to bore holes into her skull. I wanted nothing more than to get rid of this woman myself, I wanted to make her feel the way I felt.

Jacob's large and firm hands pressed down on my shoulders, his fingers drumming against my collar bone. He was doing his best to stay calm, and being a part of me was helping him do so. I became aware of the serene feeling that was washing over me, and I stared into her face for a few seconds. To my utter shock, she winked at me then walked away. I sneered, and broke away from Jacob's grasp, running as fast as my legs could could me towards the trees. This bitch had the gall to think that she had won, it was quite funny actually; but then I stopped. What was I doing? I was just a human, and I was going to pit myself against a vampire? I must really have gone insane.

Jake was again at my side, pulling me back to the house. I conceded, and fall into step at his side, keeping up surprisingly well. I had never felt so alive, nor had I ever felt so close to death. The cancer was nothing compared to the situation I am going through now. A vampire tried to kill me, and was possibly going to attempt it again.

My breath caught suddenly, and I stopped walking. I saw another figure standing in the brush, 2 figures actually. Bella and Edward were yards away from us, and I began to panic. Sobs racked through me, and I fell to my knees, fearing the possible harm that could come to my sister because she is with this individual. The person she loved drains blood out of innocent people; he was a murderer. Jacob moved beside me, and took me in his arms, stroking my hair soothingly. I didn't even see Bella and Edward race to my side. I met Edward's honey colored eyes, and terror consumed me; I scooted myself as far away from the bloodsucker as possible, and collapsed into Jacob's arms, sobbing harder than I ever have before.

"Get him away from me, Jake!" I cried.

Without hesitation, he took me in his arms, and started walking back to his house. Without looking back, he called over his shoulder: "You crossed the treaty line, Cullen. If you were smart, you would leave." And began walking once more.

I didn't ever want to see Edward, or the rest of his family again. I was terrified of these "Cold Ones", and I was so ready to attack one not even five minutes ago. But there was one thing that scared me even more than the vampires themselves: Jacob fighting them. I knew that he was built to do this, but it still terrified me. I didn't know what I would do without Jake in my life. I mean, maybe it was just the power of the imprint talking, but I knew that without Jacob, my life would be empty.

I wrapped my arms around Jake, and held him as closely to me as I possibly could, never wanting to let him go. I barely noticed the change in temperature as we stepped inside of the house. My tears were subsiding, and I was beginning to get tired from all of the crying. I was set on something soft, and a warm blanket was draped over my shaking body. Sleep consumes me, and I fell into a dreamless slumber.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry about the short chapter! Ill make up for it I promise! Comment and vote, my little gremlins?? <3 I love ya'll!