Dream [11](Edited)

Everything was such a blur, but I was able to make out shapes of people, and objects. I was in a bright white room, and there were figures--- too many for me to count because of the bleariness--- standing around me. I was restrained, tied at the wrists and ankles to cold metal, and a sterile scent filled my nostrils. I could tell now that I was in a hospital room, and the blur was caused by the tears streaming down my face. Once my eyes dried, I saw that a doctor, a nurse, and my parents were present; they looked much younger though. They smiled down at a bundle of blankets in my arms, and I peered into the parcel myself, seeing a gorgeous baby girl with silvery blue eyes, and a tuft of blonde hair. She smiled at the room around her, and was placed in the arms of my parents.

"Take care of her..." The woman told them. "Make sure she is loved. When she turns 10, she will go through a change, she will become what I am. She will become a fairy. It will torment her body, and she will become sick. If you do not wish to tell her, the symptoms are closely related to cancer, do with that information what you will, though I wouldn't recommend keeping the secret from her; she will find out eventually. Take care of my daughter, take care of my little Aribella."

With that, the strange woman took a breath, and vanished in a large ray of white light. My parents were left staring lovingly into the face of this fairy child... The fairy child, being me.

I woke with a start, running a hand through my hair, feeling more confused than I normally did. Was that a vision of the past? Was I really a fairy? If this was all true, who was that woman, and why did she give me up? Why did she give me to complete strangers?

Jacob was sitting at the end of the bed, fiddling with an object, allowing it to roll in his fingers. I scooted to his side and kissed his shoulder, placing my cheek against his forearm, then noticed the dream catcher in his hands. He placed it on my lap silently, and smiled, kissing me on the forehead.

"Jake, I had a weird dream... I was a baby, and this lady gave me to my parents. She told them to take care of me, and that I am a fairy... I think I might be adopted, Jacob." I said quietly, messing with the feathers dangling from the dream catcher.

"There is only one way to find out, Rabbit." Jake told me, tilting his chin towards my cell phone on the nightstand.

I sighed, feeling my heart begin to race, and dial my fathers house phone number. I listened to the phone right three times before it was finally answered. "Hey, Ari. How are you honey?" Dad asked.

"I'm all right, me and Jake are dating now... But there's I'm confused about." I replied, wanting to soften the blow.

"I am so happy to hear that you and Jacob are together! He better treat my little girl right." He laughed. "What are you confused about, honey?"

"Daddy, am I adopted?" I asked out right. "I'm not going to be mad if I am... Because I love you, mom, and Bella more than anything, and couldn't have hoped for a better family. I am just curious."

He sighed into the receiver, and Jake leaned in, pressing his ear close to the phone so he could hear the answer. "Yeah, sweetie, you are. Your biological mother was your age when she had you, and couldn't afford a baby. Your mother and I were trying again, but your mom went sterile after she had Bells, so we decided to adopt. There were so many kids on the list before us, but your mother wanted you more than anything, even though you weren't born yet."

"Daddy, am I a fairy?" I pondered, letting my dream get the best of me.

"You had a dream, didn't you Aribella?"

"Yeah, I did." I smiled, Charlie always knew what was going on inside my head.

"I should have known." He laughed. "Yes, you are a fairy, one of the strongest of your kind. It was strange for your mother and I at first, but I think that was why she wanted you so badly. Fairies are desirable creatures, and she definitely desired you for a daughter."

"Thanks, Daddy. Does Bella know?"

"Yes, Bella knows. She found out when she was your age, and you threw a doll across the room with a light." He said, I could hear the smile in his voice. "But no matter what, honey, you are still my daughter."

"And you are still my Dad. I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, the phone line went dead, and I look at Jacob. A wide grin was plastered on his face, and he pulls me into a bone crushing hug. "You are a fairy!" He bellowed, laughing.

"Hey, don't make fun of me!" I giggled, biting him playfully on the shoulder.

Taking my hand he lead me out into the living area, where 10 people are seated, most of them being shirtless men, and 2 of them being women. Seth immediately stood and gave me a hug, welcoming me to the family.

Jacob introduced me to the pack: Seth, Leah, Quil, Embry, Paul, Brady, Collin, Jared, and Sam. Then he introduced me to Sam's imprint, Emily. She took me in her arms warmly, making me feel like one of their own. Jacob moved to the front of the room, beside his father, and called for their attention.

"Strange things have been going on, and I am finally starting to understand why. We have another mythical creature in our midst, and I think she is what the Cold Ones want." Jake told everyone. His eyes rested on me, and I nodded, signalling for him to continue. "Aribella was adopted by the Swan family when she was born. Ari is a Fairy."

Hushed whispers fill the room, and I felt the heat creeping up my face. "No wonder the bloodsuckers came so out of the blue." Sam said, silencing the sound around him. "According to legend, if a Cold One drinks the blood of a fairy, or kills one--extracting its soul--it becomes the strongest of all creatures, and can kill with the snap of a finger."

I felt myself beginning to shake with fear, and Jacob took a seat beside me, rubbing soothing circles into my shoulder. "We wont let anything or anyone hurt you, Ari. You'll be fine."

"Jacob, I'm scared that someone might get hurt." I replied.

"We have been hurt before because of Bella." Leah stated. "But you? You're worth it. You are something we have never seen before, plus, Jake imprinted on you. We always help the imprints." She smiled.

"Well then, you all aren't fighting alone." I told all of them, a serious cast masking my features. "I'm going to help. I will be the lure."

****************************************************************************************************

I want to dedicate this chappie to FantasyGirl21, because she never fails to comment, and is definitely one of my number one fans. I love you so much, chickie! Thanks for staying true. There is your answer, Ari is a fairy! <3 This book is so fun to write, and I am sooo glad you all like it. Comment, fan, and vote! <3

<3 Karina