Chapter Sixty

The drive to the secret military post took roughly twenty minutes. As far as I could tell, Noah was not taking a direct route. No doubt he did this to throw me off as if I was trying to create a map of where the base was in my head.

But the map I was creating in my head vanished the instant the military post came into view. I was transported back in time when I first saw the Lake Region Military Camp those few months ago. A large fence wrapped around this military post. Grey buildings stood to the side of the large area. The difference between this military post and the military camp was the huge plane hangar. The hanger loomed above the entire post like a god.

Reaching the post, three men pulled on the wheeled gate, opening it for us. Inside, Noah drove straight to the large hangar.

"Have you flown?" Noah asked. He pulled the truck up to the large, open doors of the hangar. Inside were several airplanes.

"Only in helicopters." The truck halted and I climbed out. I eyed the closest airplane. The plane was impressive. It was large. Larger than I had expected. And it looked deadly somehow. The plane was made of some sort of grey shiny material. Edges and angles of the plane's body and wings were sharp and narrow, no doubt to help with the aerodynamics while in the air.

I neutralized the features on my face and sipped my coffee. Noah walked around the truck to stand beside me.

"So, you guys weren't bluffing," I said, allowing that to be the only hint of shock I would show.

"We don't bluff."

Noah walked into the hangar without waving me to follow or an invitation. He walked up to the first one I was looking at.

"This is one of our Fighter Aircrafts," Noah said. I walked up to him and the plane. "This baby has machine guns, rockets, and guided missiles. We have seven in all, five are up in the air right now."

I turned to Noah, my eyebrows raised. "Five flying? Right now?"

"Yes, they are on a routine practice over the desert. They should be back soon." Noah walked further into the hangar to reveal a bigger plane. The body was large and the wings very narrow. "This is our Bomber. We only have one of them but just one does a lot of damage."

I didn't want to imagine the damage. How large the plane was told me that the plane could hold a lot of bombs in its belly. Images of destroyed houses and green lands crept into my mind, I pushed them out. If things did go south on the treaty, that bomber may destroy us.

Noah turned to the last three planes. They were the smallest out of the bunch. "These are the Attack Aircrafts. They are a lot like the Fighter Airplanes but different." It was obvious he was going to stop there and not tell me what sort of difference.

I was about to ask a question on the planes when Noah turned abruptly and walked out of the hangar. "Lastly," he said, again he did not turn around to see if I followed, "This is our Military Transporter Aircraft."

We walked out of the hangar, turned to the right, and walked around the corner. The coffee cup almost slipped out of my hand.

The plane that stood beside the hangar was huge. I had somehow missed it when we drove in with it half hiding behind the hanger.

The plane was larger than the bomber. Maybe three or four times larger. I never saw a plane so big. Four large jet engines were built into the craft. Two engines on each of the large two wings. The plane had to be the same size, if not bigger than the old commercial planes that roamed the sky before the Last Great War.

"How many people does it hold?"

"A number."

I rolled my eyes and tried another question, "How many pilots do you have?"

Allianceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें