A Confession at Midnight

Scenario: The night sky is the perfect time for such a conversation.

Random Thought: That picture pretty much sums me up.

🌟🌟🌟

Haruka chuckled as she gently patted the cold cloth on your face. "You look like you ran through a marathon, love. You ok? I didn't do too much to you, did I?"

You were panting but you also relished in your girlfriend's aftercare. "Y-yea, I'm ok."

"You're sweating everywhere, dear. I'll take care of you, so just relax for now.  I'll be done in a bit."

You gave a little moan as you felt the cloth on your body.

As Haruka cleaned the sweat off you, you had time to think back to what happened. Particularly Haruka's behavior.

You wouldn't call the blond rough. She's just, how to say it......she's a true alpha. She's always on top. She's not bounding you to the bedpost and forcing you to call her master or anything. She's just assertive.

However, tonight was a bit different. She was more gentle and slow, much different then usual. It was great for you, sure, but it also confused you.

"And there. All done." Haruka put the cloth on the bedside table. "You feel better now?"

"Um, yes."

Haruka laid back on the bed and pulled you close to her. "Hey, can I see your hand for a bit? Your left hand."

You looked at her confused but gave her your hand nonetheless. Your confusion only increased when the older woman was rubbing her fingers over it.

"Soft and cute, just as I thought. Then again, it's your hand. I should expect it to be this way."

"Um, thank you?"

"I notice you haven't worn any of the jewelry I've bought you." Haruka said. You noticed the slight disappointed tone in her voice. "Why's that?"

You blushed a bit. "W-Well, they're all so pretty and expensive looking, I feel like I'd ruin them by wearing them. I have them all in that jewelry box you bought me, if that makes you feel better."

A jewelry box that you were sure was worth more then your past life, current life, and afterlife, but you didn't bring that up.

"I see," the blonde mused to herself. "so you like more modest looking jewelry. What about your favorite season?"

"What's with the sudden questions?"

"Just wanted to get to know you even more than I already do. Is that bad?" She asked, but you can hear a joking tone in her voice.

You sighed. "Fine, I'll give. I like summer."

"Summer huh?" Haruka repeated your answered, more so talking to herself then to you. "Then an outside one would be better..."

You fully turned your body to your girlfriend. "Alright, Haruka, what's wrong?"

Haruka gave you an innocent look. "Nothing at all~."

You pouted at her and glared a bit. "Come on, tell me."

Haruka chuckled at your child-like behavior and sat up. "Well, since you asked so nicely." she reached into a drawer, took out a brochure, and showed it to you. "What do you think? Nice, right?"

You looked at the picture of the venue. "Yes it's very nice. But what does th-eh?" You finally noticed the words at the top of the brochure.

"W-Wedding Best?" You recognized the name from a magazine your uncle read when he was...

"Getting... Married...? H-Haruka?"

"I was going to ask you properly this weekend when we go to the fair." Haruka said. "I was planning on spending tomorrow looking for a ring. Though, looking for a modest one might be a bit hard for me. You know how much I love to show you off."

"I...see..."

"I see? That's not an answer."

"U-um...I don't know how to react to something like this, so, um, I..."

Haruka laughed at how shocked you were. "Yea, I did just jump this on you, didn't I? How about you take a day or two to think about it? It'll be good for you since you'll be home alone while I get rings."

You finally managed to tear your eyes away from the brochure and set them on the blonde. "Y-you're still going to buy rings? B-but, I didn't answer. What if I say no? You'd have spent your money for nothing and-"

"First off," Haruka interrupted you. "I've never once thought that spending money on you is 'nothing'. Second, there's nothing wrong with taking your time to think about it. After all, I am asking you to spend a lifetime with me. I'd much rather you answer after some thought."

The blond's kindness and understanding was too much for you. You covered your face with the brochure in order to hide your face, already wet with tears.

"H-Haruka, I'm sorry. I-I-I'm sorry I can't answer..."

Haruka took the pamphlet off your hands and pulled you down so you were laying on her. "I already told you I don't mind the wait and you're still going to cry?"

"B-b-b-but..."

"If I have to tell you it's fine again, I'm seriously going to make sure you're not walking tomorrow."

That managed to dry your tears quickly and you looked at your possible fiancé with wide eyes. "B-but I still have chores to do tomorrow! Like laundry and grocery shopping and cleaning and other things like that! You can't do that to me!"

Haruka laughed at your change in personality and looked at you softly and lovingly as you continued to list off all the chores you've planned to do.

'Domestic, sweet, attentive, modest, shy but not afraid to speak up when she needs to, serious to the point where she can barely process a joke as a joke, a bit of a nag when she starts worrying, and so much more. You're so perfect for me,' the blonde girl thought to herself. 'I said I won't mind if you say no, but that was just me acting all cool. I want to spend a lifetime with you, [Y/N], so please say yes, ok?'