Selfish Haruka is Sick: Day 2

Scenario: Haruka's 'sickness' is giving her a lot of luxuries.

Random Thought: The continuation of Haruka's charming lies.

🍰🍰🍰

"Haruka, how's this?" You asked.

"It feels great, my kitten." Haruka answered, her eyes closed.

You gave a sigh of relief and continued massaging your lover's back and shoulders.

It's been about three days since Haruka's 'fever' and you worked your absolute hardest to take care of your girlfriend.

At first, you wanted to take the woman to the doctor's since her fever wasn't going down, but Haruka managed to convinced you not to take her.

She looked to be panicking at that time as well. 'Poor Haruka must have a fear of doctors' was your thought at the time.

"Haruka, how have you been feeling lately?" You ask her, fingers still working on the blonde's skin.

"Hm~?" In her complete comfort-ness, Haruka had to dig through her brain to figure out what you were talking about. When she did, she spoke in her best sick voice.

"O-oh, I'm doing a bit, **cough cough**, a bit better. Everything still hurts though."

You frowned at the answer. "Maybe we should go to the doctor..."

"Uh, no no no!" Haruka exclaimed, suddenly leaning up and looking at you. "Really love, there's no need for all that."

"But it feels as though you aren't getting any better. You cough and can't walk straight,"

That was Haruka's acting skill working overtime.

"You're always sweating,"

Thanks to always being under heavy covers, wearing long sleeve shirts, and keeping her head above a steaming pot of tea.

"And whenever I take your temperature, your fever never goes down. If anything, it seems to get higher and higher whenever I check you."

Because when you leave, she holds the thermometer against whatever conveniently close hot thing that's around her at the time.

"That's why I think you should see a doctor. If you're scared of doctor's offices, then we can make a house call. If you're scared of the doctors themselves, then I'll be here to support you!"

Haruka's heart almost bursted out of her chest when she heard those words and the cute determined look on your face. It was almost enough to make her stop this whole thing and tell you the truth.

Almost.

"Love, I promise you that what you're doing is helping. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it's working. I pro-*cough cough*- promise." Haruka said, coughing a bit since she hasn't for a while.

The blonde's honeyed words weren't enough to get rid of the worried look on your face, but you accepted nonetheless. To get rid of that worried look, Haruka leaned in to kiss you.

But instead of your lips, she kissed your finger.

"Haruka-chan, what are you doing?" You asked, removing your finger from your girlfriend's lips.

"Um, kissing you? Being your girlfriend?" Haruka answered, not hiding her confusion. "What are you doing?"

You titled your head and looked at Haruka as though she should already know the answer. "Well Haruka, you're sick. We can't kiss."

"Wha-wha-what!?"

"Well I am taking care of you. If I get sick, then we'll be in big trouble."

Haruka had wide eyes and was opening and closing her mouth in shock. It reminded you of the pet goldfish you have and you chuckled a bit before patting the girl's head.

"Now, now, there's no need to look like that. I'll give you lots of kisses when you get well. Until then, please lay back down. I'll be back with a cold rag."

You helped the 'sick' girl on to the bed and threw the usual heavy comforter on her. You blew a kiss to her before leaving to get the cold rag.

Alone in the room, Haruka still had her eyes wide in disbelief. Her mouth was open, but only to say one word:

"Shit."