[2] Hand In Marriage.

"Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah)! I knew my beautiful daughter would get the job! I don't understand why people always pity me when I tell them I have two beautiful daughters... my daughters are doing more than any of their lazy, incompetent sons." Dunia's mother says proudly.

"Yes, Ammi! I like this mindset if yours!" Eliza preaches.

The females laugh about it until Dunia remembers her interview. "Ammi, do you know if Abbu ever had a friend named Adnaan Sheikh?"

Her mother starts thinking, "Hm... I feel like your Abbu had mentioned a name like that before. You can ask him over lunch, okay?"

Dunia nods.

• • •

"A fucking clumsy girl dared to bump into me this morning. She stepped on my goddamn $3,000 shoes and ruined them!" Barqat complains to his best friend.

"Was she a beautiful girl?" Aamir smirks.

"Are you kidding me? Idiot." Barqat rolls his eyes.

"You and your materialistic things..." Aamir sighs.

• • •

"Yes, I used to have a best friend with a similar name back in high school in Pakistan. I lost contact with him when he moved abroad for further studies."

"Did you try contacting him?" Dunia asks, not yet letting him know about the company.

"Yes, I've tried contacting him before I married Bilquis (Dunia's biological mother) to try to invite him to the wedding but sadly, I couldn't find any of his contact information." Dunia's Abbu says with a hint of regret.

"Wait... Similar name? Is it not Adnaan Sheikh?" Dunia asks.

"Adnaan Sheikh? That doesn't sound right..." Her Abbu's thinking is interrupted by a phone call. He excuses himself from the lunch table and takes the call.

Dunia starts wondering if she gave Mr. Sheikh false hope and if this whole thing was a coincidence. She starts worrying that her job is on the line and there's a possibility Mr. Sheikh might get upset about the misunderstanding.

She was thinking this until her father jolts back into the dining room with a wide smile, "Ya Allah, what a coincidence. Guess who is on the phone with me right now? My high school friend! I invited him over for dinner tonight."

After the phone call, Dunia's Abbu and Ammi quickly leave to do some grocery shopping for tonight.

Dunia became really confused and overwhelmed by what was happening. She's still not sure if Mr. Sheikh is the long-lost friend or if all of this is just a coincidence.

• • •

"I heard his son is a major hottie." Eliza giggles.

"If it's Mr. Sheikh, then his son's physical appearance can't save him from Jahannum (Hell)." Dunia sighs.

"Ya Allah, why? What did he do?" Eliza asks out of curiosity.

"I bumped into him at the office, and let me tell you, manners and respect is 110% not in his dictionary."

"Okay, but is he attractive? Like as attractive as he looks one TV?" Eliza asks eagerly.

Dunia rolls her eyes, "I don't know... I was too embarrassed and flabbergasted to even look at him properly."

"It doesn't matter though, you have no chance with him." Eliza says casually.

Dunia laughs, "Oh, and why would you say that?"

"I heard he has a type, he only goes after married women. From what I've heard, all his girlfriends were married when they met him. It as if... as if he goes after those poor women on purpose, to ruin their marriages for his own pleasure." Eliza thinks.

Dunia is shocked about this new revelation about him, "Eliza! Rumours are haram (forbidden). Besides, why would a person do such horrid things to someone else? That's just cruel. It's probably not true."

"Whatever you say, Api (older sister)... You can probably confirm this rumour once you start working there."

• • •

"When your daughter came in for the interview, I knew she resembled you. I almost knew right away she must be related you to!" Mr. Sheikh laughs.

"She came home and started asking me questions about you. I was really confused because you started using your middle name publicly now, I see, Mr. Adnaan Sheikh."

"Yes. My middle name sounded more professional in the world of business. I'm so glad to have finally found you." Mr. Sheikh turns to Dunia's Ammi, "You know, I've been looking for him for over 20 years? He was my bestest friend back in school."

As her Ammi puts down a tray of snacks and tea, she says, "Yes, he's mentioned you to me a couple of times over the years as well."

They chitchat, filling each other in about their lives, when Mr. Sheikh comments about Dunia, "Your daughter brought her University transcript to the interview, her grades in school were tremendously positive. You've raised a bright child, Mash'Allah (God has willed). Even if I didn't know her, I would've given her the job without thinking twice."

"Yes, we take pride in our daughters. They are the apple of our eyes." Dunia's Ammi says with pride.

"My son, Barqat, is a whole other story. His lifestyle is something I'm starting to become worried about. He's a very good man at heart and cares very much for his family, however, since he lost his mother, he began behaving erratically." Mr. Sheikh sighs. "I will be retiring soon because I'm getting too old to look after the business. My son is great in the field of business but his ways... his behaviour make me feel uneasy."

Dunia's Ammi And Abbu could tell Mr. Sheikh is under lots of stress, when her Abbu says, "If you ever feel like you need any kind of help in the office, do not fret to ask our daughter. She's really good at handling people and she does it with a really calm mind."

"I know this might be too sudden, I want to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage for my son, Barqat." Mr. Sheikh says suddenly.

- - -

A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!