[35] Stay With Me.

A/N: 🔞 There will be some steamy explicit scenes coming up in this chapter, so read at your own risk. I tried to tone down the explicitness as much as I could but giving a heads-up anyways. 🔞

- - -

"Right, my dear Abbu? My, virtuous, innocent, exemplary Abbu. " Barqat's daring his father to do something, to say something. "You fucked her over exactly like that. And just like that, I got fucked over and I fucked up other bitches. The cycle never ends. And you expect me to go to that Hiraj's party?"

"Barqat!" His father's tone is chillingly threatening. "You are going to that event or the consequences for your actions will be drastic. I will say nothing further to you, the discussion ends here. We're leaving."

His father hastily stands up and looks at Dunia apologetically, "I'm so sorry you had to hear all of that, dear. I didn't mean for this to occur."

Dunia quickly shakes her head and says, "No, it's okay." She gives them a sad smile as they leave.

Barqat had escaped to his room by the time Dunia came back after seeing off his family at the door.

Would it be a smart idea to leave him be? He would probably blaze up if I don't at least check up on him, she thinks to herself.

• • •

Dunia takes a deep breath and knocks on Barqat's door. "Can I come in?"

No answer. But she hears things breaking and shattering in his room, making her wince.

"Barqat, I'm coming in." She barges through the door.

A fragile clay object comes flying through the room, missing her head by inches by hitting the wall beside the door. The vase shatters into a thousand tiny pieces, reflecting the force it was thrown at.

Dunia gasps and her hands fly to cover her mouth from the shock of how close that was to her.

He keeps hurling things through the room but this time the opposite direction of where Dunia is standing. Dunia sees that the things are shattering and flying too close to Barqat. One sharp piece in the wrong direction, and it can severely harm Barqat.

"Barqat... I need you to stop." She says in her most calm voice. "Please." She begs.

He doesn't answer her, he doesn't turn around, he doesn't even acknowledge the fact that she's here.

Dunia can feel her heart beating too quickly. She doesn't want anyone to get wounded. Truth be told, the only person's safety she's worried about is his.

She takes slow steps towards him, wincing every time he breaks something, hoping he hasn't injured himself already.

Once she's right behind him, she grabs his hand with the next item he's going to throw. Her shaky grip on his hand is as firm as she can hold it. "Stop it!"

He doesn't throw it, his hand pauses midair. Dunia still standing behind him, slowly takes the glass vase out of his hand and places it on the tabletop on the side.

She carefully wraps her arms around from behind him and lays her head on his back.

There's one thing she's noticed about Barqat when he's in a chaotic state: he instantly calms down the moment someone holds him to comfort him.

Neither say anything for what feels like hours, but it's only been a minute.

Dunia gently begins to pull away. She walks around him to stand in front of him and takes his hands into hers.