[19] What Have I Done?

"Rules?" Her ears are throbbing. She could feel every part of her body falling apart.

"Yes, rules. Let me say this first, I married you because of three reasons: one, my father said the company will never be mine if I don't settle down. Two, you were starting to become a burden because my father seemed to love you so much so I married you for my own benefit. And three, your attitude towards me was getting out of hand, you needed to be taught a lesson." Throughout this whole revelation, he doesn't crack an expression.

Dunia, on the other hand, looks like she's about to pass out from this new information, "You're t-trying to s-s-say you married me for no reason other than for b-b-business and some kind of p-petty revenge?" Her words are stuttering because she isn't in control of her emotions anymore. On the inside, she's spiralling out of control.

He closes the gap between them by trapping her against the wall. "I hope you realize you made the worst fucking decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul.

"I didn't ask for this..." tears threatened to fall from her eyes, her lips quivering in fear.

He grabs her wrists firmly, firm enough for her to feel a slight tingle. His grip on both her wrists become tighter as he slams them hard against the wall, trapping her petite body in-between the wall and his body, "You'll never have a place in my life, let alone my heart, do you understand?"

She winces from the pain from her wrists. He slams her arms against the wall again. He leans in close enough to the point where their lips are only inches apart, "I said, do you fucking understand, foolish girl?" His voice rises as he clenches his jaw in an impatient manner.

She nods in hopes that he'll let go. And just like that, he lets go of her as she falls to the floor in utter defeat. What have I done... she asks herself.

• • •

Luckily, while standing in the hallway, trying to find her room, she runs into James.

"James!" She calls out.

"Mrs. Sheikh, do you need some help?"

Dunia thinks about if James would know that Barqat and Dunia won't be sharing a room. Dunia remembers that Barqat said it would be on the other side of the house. "Which room is the furthest away from here?"

James didn't ask her about anything, such as why she wants to know at this time of the night, which made her extra grateful because she would've lost her composure the moment someone asks anything.

After taking lots of confusing twists and turns, he leaves her outside of, what she guesses now, is her room. Barqat wasn't lying when he said it was on the other side of the house, literally this room is out of sight and out of mind, made for people you don't want to bump into in the house. Rude, she thinks.

The door of this room is less grand than the master bedroom, however, it doesn't disappoint. It's still ten times grander than a normal door.

She sighs and walks in and that's when it hits her. The room doesn't look as big as Barqat's but it's big enough to be twice the size of her parents' room, which was the biggest room in her old house.

Her situation still hasn't hit her yet. As she walks through the room, making her way towards a door. She opens it and it's a huge walk-in closet. She doesn't have enough clothes to fill even a quarter of the closet. There are shelves designated for shoes and purses, respectively. The middle of the closet has a white and grey marble countertop, which has a see-through counter so you'll be able to look at your jewelry through the top of the counter. Everything is just so lavish, and this is supposed to be just the guest bedroom... or the outside bedroom.

Then, she notices luggage at the corner of the room. Her heart sinks, it's her things. Oh, he knew.

James already knew she wouldn't be sharing Barqat's room because he brought her things in this room's closet. Why didn't he just tell her before? Or did he expect Donatella to know as well?

Finally, she sinks down to the floor, her hands cover her face, "Ya Allah, how did my life become this screwed instantaneously? Did I commit a sin that was so unforgivable that You had to punish me like this?"

Her tears begin to trickle down her cheeks, her sobs begins to to get louder. "Why didn't I guess this was too good to be true? Why couldn't I detect a single bit of falsehood in this relationship? Why did he have to choose my life to ruin?" So many questions, but no one here to answer her.

As she sniffles, she tells herself that the good thing is that no one will be able to hear her cry because of how far away into the house her room is. This brings her a sort of weird comfort, she cries loud and as much as she needs to clear her system.

"Tomorrow is another day. Maybe Barqat was just moody from being tired from all the events. Maybe it'll be okay in the morning. Please, Allah, protect this servant of yours. I will admit right now that I'm not strong enough to handle this, I'll surely break. Please, protect me."

After trying to calm herself down, she leaves the closet to find a washroom so she can take a long, warm shower. She finds another door on the opposite side of the closet and it turns out to be a full bathroom, with both a shower and a bathtub.

After taking off her layers of Walima makeup and her heavy outfit, she slips into a robe and wraps a towel around her wet hair. She sits at the edge of the bathtub for a few minutes to just get away from reality.

She thinks how nice it must be Inaya or Ashley, living that stress-free single life. "Gosh darn it, I really screwed up!" Her eyes start water but she quickly wipes it away before they threaten to fall. She refuses to act weakly no matter how bad it looks.

Since she's in the room alone, she decides to put on her pyjama bottoms and keep the robe on to cover her top half for a little bit. It's too late at night for anyone to walk into her room. Barqat isn't even going to try to walk into her room, James and Donatella would probably knock, Dunia reassures herself.

She walks out to find Barqat sitting on the edge of her bed. He doesn't have a shirt on and even in a very dimly lit room, Dunia can tell how chiseled Barqat is. He would be really appealing to the eye if she weren't so distasteful of him as of this moment. Suddenly, her eyes widen and she forgets that she's only in her robe and pyjama bottoms.

"What are you doing here?" She tries to act cooly.

He smirks, "To consummate our marriage."

Dunia's blood runs cold, "No, that's not happening."

"But I see that you have your top off already." He smirks as he stares at her robe.

Dunia looks down at her robe, terrified, she screams at him, "Get out! Please, just let me go change."

He strides towards her and grabs her wrist with one hand and takes off the towel on her head with his other hand. Her hair swiftly falls down onto her shoulders. "You're married to me now, everything I do to you now is... halal."
His bare chest almost touching her bare skin is sending tension through her body.

Dunia gasps. "Please, just let me go. You're hurting me..." She squeezes her eyes shut as the pain shoots up her wrist.

"I have something else I forgot to mention, my love." His voice coated in poisonous honey. "If you dare tell anyone about our little arrangement, I will destroy your friends and family in a snap of a finger."

He lets go of her wrist and turns to walk towards the door, when he stops midway. He turns around to look at Dunia with his cold eyes inspecting her hurt expression. With a stern voice, he proceeds to speak, "I will repeat this one last time: I do not commit to relationships, do not expect anything from this so-called marriage."

- - -

A/N: This is where their real journey will begin, are you ready?

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!