[10] The Hidden Gem.

Dunia refuses to get in the car, "Where are you taking me?"

Barqat sighs, "To the office! Where else? Get in!! I do not want to spend the rest of the day with you, Bukhari."

Okay, maybe he isn't lying... she thought to herself.

Today, he brought his glossy black Rolls Royce Phantom and honestly, even though Dunia didn't want to look mesmerized by the car, she is definitely mesmerized by the car.

Barqat opens the door for her and leaves to go to his side. Dunia gets in and closes the door. The car is everything she's ever imagined and more. She was trying to hide her admiration expression but it is too much excitement to hide it.

"Ya Allah, you own a Phantom!"  She blurts outs.

He rolls his eyes, "Yes, I own a Phantom. Your point is?"

Dunia ignores his comment. She wanted to ask him to turn in the starlight headliner but it's too bright so that would probably not show up.

The car ride to the office was quiet, minus the music in the background. Dunia was thankful for the music or else the atmosphere would've been extra awkward. She even got a text from her sister asking if she was okay. I'm okay... So far... , she replied back.

Once they reached, she followed him to the top floor.

She logs into her computer and asks him, "Would you like me to send the files right now?"

"Don't send anything. I didn't bring you here for that." He inches closer and closer to her. Dunia's blood runs cold and she feels her whole body freeze up. She's leaning back in her chair as far as she could. His face is so close that if she moves toward one tiny inch, their noses would touch.

He stands up straight again, "You're pathetic. Don't go anywhere, I'll be in my office room, preoccupied. Do not disturb me."

Dunia lets out the breath she was holding in. Once she normalizes her breathing, she asks, "Wait, what am I doing here? Why did you bring me?"

By that time he's already inside his office. A few seconds later the brunette she met at the meeting the other day, shows up in the most skimpy clothes. Dunia couldn't stop staring at her, if she makes one wrong move, her bottom will be visible and her breasts would fall out of her tight, black dress.

Suddenly, she connects the dots and it hits her... "He brought me here so he could mess around with his married women?" She sighs loudly, "Okay, but why am I here? What's my purpose?"

"Well, I needed a way out and you were my decoy. Anyways, you not being at the party would save my family the embarrassment." Barqat walks away after rolling his eyes.

She rubs her temples with her fingers. "I could've been at the party, enjoying good food. This sucks." She whispers to herself.

Dunia decides to walk around and explore because she hasn't really ever seen the office building. Truth to be told, the architecture of the office is beautiful. It's high-tech and gives off the contemporary vibe.

Working here would be a dream for anyone, just from how beautiful the building is. Alhumdulillah (praise be to Allah), I'm so grateful for my opportunities here, I haven't thanked Allah enough, Dunia says to herself as she walks around.

• • •

About 15 minutes in, Dunia found herself extremely bored. She decided to login to her computer and watch Netflix. About 10 minutes into her American Horror Story episode, she hears footsteps. Expecting it to be either Barqat or the woman he's preoccupied with, she ignores it.