[6] His Tie.

"Has he brought his married flings to the office?" Eliza asks out of curiosity.

"Huh? Who?"

"Who else? Mr. Grouchy!"

"Oh, no. Or at least not that I've seen. I try to avoid him." Dunia smiles to herself.

"Soooo... How's Aamir?" Eliza smirks.

"Eliza... I know where you're going with this conversation. No, I don't want to marry Aamir." Dunia rolls her eyes.

"Oh, I googled him. He sounds like a playboy just like Barqat. However, he seems like he's the nicer version." Eliza scrolls through her search results for Aamir.

Dunia puts her hand on her temple, "What am I going to do with you?"

• • •

"Dunia, Mr. Devil wants you to go to his office." Ashley pages her.

Dunia sighs, "I wonder what he's going to yell at me about today."

Dunia proceeds to walk towards his office. Once she reaches the door, she could hear muffled sounds from the room.

She puts her ear against the door to hear it better.

"Barqat! I got a divorce for you!" She hears a woman screaming.

Barqat sighs, "Did I ask you to get a divorce for me?"

"You're fucking joking right? You love me!" The woman screams, her voice shaking as if she's crying.

Barqat raises his voice, "Did I ever tell you I loved you?" Silence from the woman. "No, I didn't think so either. You women are so gullible. Love isn't a thing. I want you to get out of my office."

"Everyone was right about you... you use, abuse, and dispose of everyone and everything. I should've listened..."

"But you fucking didn't, that's on you. Get the hell out of my office, I have work to do." Irritation is clear in his voice.

The woman's voice clearly shows that she's crying, "Barqat Sheikh, one day you will fall in love, you will fall in love hard, I know you will. You'll realize the true beauty of what it's like to love. But I promise you, because of your own faults, that love will come crashing down and you'll be left for the dead."

Dunia hears the woman's heels clicking faster towards the door and she quickly turns around, pretending to be looking for something in the document cabinets outside of the office.

The woman doesn't notice her and zooms right past her.

Dunia knocks on Barqat's door and peaks through, "May I come in, Sir?"

"What took you so damn long?" Barqat says.

"Um... you seemed to be busy with someone else so I decided to leave and come back later." Dunia hates lying but she really doesn't want to say I was eavesdropping on your little fight with you and your girlfriend who got a divorce for you.

"Whatever... I have a meeting in about 30 minutes and I need you to be there to take notes on the presentation. Meet me back here in 10 minutes."

Dunia nods. She could tell he's been through similar situations before, as the one he just went through with the woman. He isn't bothered at all because of the breakup. Why does he date if he doesn't bother with feelings... Oh, it hit Dunia a little late, I get it.

"What are you doing still standing here?" Barqat raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, sorry. I'll be back." Dunia scrambles to get out of the room.

• • •

Dunia comes back after 10 minutes and knocks on the door, "May I come in, Sir?"

"Yes, enter."

Dunia walks in to see Barqat trying to fasten his tie and clearly struggling with it for the past 5 minutes.

"What are you looking at?" He yells at her. "Go organize the documents I left on the desk into that binder."

"Yes, Sir." She turns her attention toward the papers.

Dunia starts becoming anxious because there's 15 minutes left till the meeting starts and Barqat is still struggling with his tie.

Barqat can be heard complaining about the tie under his breath, "How the fuck do guys put this on? I should've stuck with my clip-on tie, goddamn it."

Dunia couldn't help but giggle because he is doing it all wrong.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" Barqat sneers.

Dunia mentally scolds herself for laughing and says to him, "Uh... Sorry, Sir. I didn't mean–"

"Fuck this! Bukhari (A/N: Dunia's last name), come here and tie this for me." It took a lot in Barqat to ask Dunia for help because his ego wouldn't allow it but right now he's getting late for a meeting and there's a dress code.

Dunia freezes, she can't touch him. She has no relations with him. "Sir, I, uh–"

"I said now, damn it!" He raises his voice.

Dunia nods, she knows there's no getting out of this and they're getting late for the meeting. She asks Allah for forgiveness and tells herself she can't get out of this situation so there's no point in trying to reason with him.

Barqat hands her the tie and she carefully places it around his neck. I could take this chance to strangle him... but I won't, she thinks to herself as she smiles and rolls her eyes at that idea.

"If you're thinking about killing me, this is the best chance you're going to get." Barqat says.

That comment made Dunia jump, which made her accidentally tighten the knot around his neck, "Ya Allah! I'm so sorry, I'm not trying to kill you, I swear."

"Ow! Shit, woman. That hurt." He rubs his neck from the strain. However, for some odd reason, found himself smiling at this situation.

"Sorry, sorry." Dunia fumbles with the tie, trying to get it done faster. The pressure made her forget how to tie a tie.

Dunia can feel Barqat's intense gaze upon her. She slides up the knot of the tie to adjust it around his collar and looks up at him. His icy blue eyes are fiercely studying her in a trance, making her stomach flutter. Dunia hadn't realized how beautiful his eyes are. The colour of his eyes stand out even more against his slightly tan skin.

Both of them snapped out of their trancelike state and Barqat clears his throat, "We're getting late. Grab the binder and follow me. I'll wait outside for you."

Dunia nods and when he leaves the room, she shakes her head to clear her thoughts. Then, she smacks the side of her head, "Dunia, you idiot, why were you staring at him like that!"

Outside of the room, Barqat is scolding himself. He rubs his hand over his face, "Why the hell was I looking at her for so long? There was nothing special about her."

- - -

A/N: I didn't want to update during Ramadan because, you know, 👀. This will be the only update during Ramadan. Bu5 I will regularly update after Ramadan. 😉

I have a few chapters pre-written so I'll be posting those on time. 😊

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!