PATIENCE IS MOST FITTING

"PATIENCE IS MOST FITTING" [Surah Yusuf:18]  

SubhanAllah

Do you know who said this in the Qur'an and why?

This is the Story of Yaqub (as) and Yusuf (as).
The Sons of Yaqub (as) were Jealous of their Step-brothers, Yusuf (as) and Binyamin, who were from a different Mother.

The Brothers plotted to dispose of Yusuf (as) by throwing him in a Well and telling their Father that a Wolf ate him.
To prove it, they tore Yusuf (as) shirt and stained it with Sheeps' Blood.

On seeing the 'evidence' Yaqub (as) said the above Verse:
-
"Nay, but your own selves have made up a tale. So Patience is most fitting And it is Allah (Alone) Whose help can be sought against that which you say."
-
SubhanAllah, instead of getting angry or saying something to hurt his Sons, who lied about their own Brother, Yaqub (as) chose Sabr.

Until they went after Binyamin...
-
The Sons went to Egypt with Binyamin, but had to come back without him and said
Binyamin was accused of Stealing and they wouldnt let him leave, so we had to leave him there.

And again Yaqub (as) said:
.
"Nay, but your own selves have beguiled you into something. So patience is most fitting. May be Allah will bring them (back) all to me. Truly He! only He is All-Knowing, All-Wise."
[12:83]

In both the instances, Yaqub (as) lost a Son due to his own Sons, yet he reminded himself that:
-
"Patience is most fitting."
-
And Yaqub (as) was Patient...for YEARS!
And he would treat his Sons the same, even if Yusuf and Binyamin were with him or not.

Meanwhile, Yusuf (as) who was thrown in the Well as a child, was found by travellers and was taken to Egypt, where he grew up to become a Chief and the Kings' Advisor!

And when Binyamin was accused of Stealing, it was none other than Yusuf (as) who helped his long lost Brother!
SubhanAllah :D

Later on, Yusuf (as) forgave his Brothers and was reunited with Yaqub (as) as well.

There was no hatred between ANY of them because Yaqub (as) and Yusuf (as) had SABR and hoped only from Allah.
They never broke their family ties even though their own family broke theirs.

That's the reward we too will get, if we have Sabr and rely only on Allah swt for true Justice!
In Sha Allah!

O Allah make us amongst the Patient ones.
Ameen!