Chapter 1

Started On: 19th April 2018
Completed On: 24th May 2018

Crash

Shivaay sat in the car, waiting for Anika. He was fidgeting, trying to make sure his hair, face, clothes, basically everything looked perfect.

Afterall, they were going to meet after two years. Two years was a lot of time, (like balti bhar bhar ke lot) considering they didn't even have one single phone conversation.

He could've called her but he had a big ego to nurse. She could have called as well, but she was no less.

Of course, he would eavesdrop on her and OmRu's conversations every Saturday evening but he didn't get to actually talk to her. To converse. Scratch that. To argue. Or to just stare at her as she talked animatedly.

From what he had collected, she had a friend turned boyfriend (how he wished he could've been in that guy's place), while here, Shivaay stayed away from women in general except his family. Who would have thought Shivaay Singh Oberoi would be stuck with unrequited love? Not that he accepted it. Still...

His thoughts wandered to their moments when the door to the passenger's seat was flung open. Anika bent a bit and glared at him.
"Honestly Shivaay, you should be standing outside the car, courteously waiting for me. Probably even searching for me. Here, you are sitting in the air conditioned car of yours, while I am searching for your god damned car all around the airport!"

"Jeez Anika, calm down!" Shivaay sighed. Of course she'll first have to argue.

He came out of the car and walked towards her. Taking her in a hug (and by surprise), he muttered "That's Rudra's hug."

Anika only chuckled and murmured "Tadibaaz" before Shivaay pulled out of the hug and looked for her luggage which only made him groan. She has to have a truckload of luggage. What did he expect?

As he was moving towards the luggage, Anika called out to him. The moment he turned, she jumped on him and hugged him tightly. Shivaay felt great. Very great. "Rudra's big brother deserves a hug for doing me and Rudra a favour."

Shivaay only smiled a bit before breaking away and keeping the luggage in the car trunk.

He hurried to his seat again, leaving behind a grinning Anika. Taming his betraying grin he settled inside.

As soon as Shivaay pulled out of the parking, Anika asked him, "Shivaay, why is it so difficult for us to accept that we are each others' best friends. I mean our bond is stronger than mine and OmRu's. It's high time we accept it."

"That's because whenever you embarrass yourself in public, I can wash my hands off you." Shivaay bit his lip to keep himself from laughing at Anika's mortified expression.

"Suit yourself.." Anika rolled the window down and took in Mumbai's 'fresh air'. "So, Anika, what brings you to Mumbai, finally?" Shivaay tried sounding the least desperate he could.

Anika looked at him with a quizzical expression. "You don't know?"

"I know you have to plan your friends Siddharth and Mallika's wedding. But so soon?"

Anika looked at him in clear confusion. By the time Shivaay looked at her, she had composed herself. "Anika?"

"Huh?"

"Never mind. When is the wedding?"

"You'll receive the card by the end of this month." Anika mumbled. Her brain was now occupied by other important thoughts.

"Great! So when will you return to Delhi then?"

Anika looked at him in disbelief. She had to talk to Om, Rudra and the rest of the Oberois, soon. Real soon.

"Eager to send me away?"

"Just asking." Shivaay rolled his eyes. Well maybe, asking how long I have before you go back to that boyfriend of yours.

"The wedding date isn't fixed yet. I'll be visiting once before the marriage."

"Won't ask me how am I doing?"

"I don't really need to. On the personal front, I know you are just as much of a tadibaaz you were two years ago, if not more. Health wise, there's no scope for asking considering the number of precautionary medicines you take. I mean, you could suffer from overdose but OmRu say they keep you in check and I trust them enough. Business front, I keep seeing you on the magazines' front page every now and then. Even the newspapers and channels. So nope, not asking."

Shivaay chuckled. He then thought her words through before something struck him. "Why do you have to trust OmRu with my health? I mean, they are my brothers, you are my friend. Shouldn't it be like they should be trusting you with me? I mean, that isn't going to happen because why will they have to trust you with me but..."

"Break lagao!" Anika groaned.

"Why do you want me to stop the car in the middle of nowhere?"

"Arey apni baaton pe break lagao!" Anika groaned. Again. "What I meant was I trust them more than you when it comes to your health."

"Ohkay.." Shivaay still let a little hope stay.

They fell into silence. Shivaay sensed something wrong. How can Anika stay quite?

When he could take it no more, he turned on the radio, in an attempt to fill in the silence.

"Shivaay..."

"Hmm?" Shivaay looked at her before quickly turning his eyes back to the road.

"Nothing."

When they reached the Oberoi mansion, Anika hurried to the doors while Shivaay asked Khanna to keep her luggage to whatever room she was staying in (not like he didn't know but, pretense, you see). He walked with fast paced steps trying to catch up to Anika's excitement.

In this very excitement, she had not even crossed the threshold when her foot tripped on the raised marble and twisted her foot. To save herself from falling, she caught hold of the nearest thing, which happened to be Shivaay's coat and the Oberois all closed their eyes imagining Shivaay and Anika's pain as they crashed onto the floor.

Okay, so I wasn't going to start with this one until I finished with the previous story but I am pretty excited to see your response to this one. Yes, I am excited all the time. Sorry about that ;)

Here is the first chapter of Unrequited.
Sorry for the lack of a proper description but I couldn't think of something that doesn't give away plot elements that I want to keep surprise.

So, how do you like this version.

P.S. This happens to be my first AU story and I am quite nervous of how it'll turn out. Help this poor nervous soul.

Waiting for your reviews.

BlackManiacx