Chapter 9

Confidence

"Oh my God!"

When Shivaay and Anika turned to see the source of their interruption, they found Gauri staring at them, grinning and looking thoroughly entertained.

"What a nice way to welcome somebody! Ekdum Shahrukh-Kajol wala romance! Who needs Bollywood when I have such a romantic Jiju for my Di!" Gauri gushed.

Anika, who had been thankful to whoever interrupted them, started cursing Gauri under her breath.

Gauri stood there, hands folded across her chest, eyebrows raised in amusement.

Shivaay and Anika only looked at her in confusion when Anika became aware of their postion. Shivaay's right hand twisted her hand behind her back while his other hand was wound around her waist.

"Leave me." She said with gritted teeth and that seemed to clear Shivaay's confusion as well. Immediately leaving her, he walked towards Gauri.

"What a pleasant surprise!" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Obviously I would come for your roka. It isn't my fault that you are so busy romancing her that you don't even think about me anymore." Gauri rolled her eyes, walking with Shivaay.

They went inside the house leaving behind a flabbergasted Anika.

Did he not, just a few seconds ago, desperately want to talk about what I did last night?

-

After dinner, which had been quite a noisy affair, the youngsters headed to the pool.

"Today Bhaiya and Ani, none of you can escape. We aren't letting you sleep even if that means you'll be sporting dark circles on your roka pictures." Rudra smiled, his lips pressed into a thin line.

"But they did watch the movie last night!" Gauri wondered.

"They did but the moment we came in, Ani said she was tired and a few moments later, Bhaiya said he was exhausted and wanted to catch on sleep."

"Oho Rudy Bhaiya, did you not get the hint? They wanted to spend some time alone!" Gauri smirked. "If you do not let Di and Jiju romance, I will take them to Delhi. There they can romance jitna chahiye." Gauri winked at Shivaay who looked away, trying to hide his smile.

"Chup kar Gauri!" Anika chided. "Aur yeh Jiju kyu bole ja rahi hai."

"What's wrong with that?" Gauri narrowed her eyes. "Kal raat ko bhi I was calling him Jiju only!"

Before Anika could say anything, Shivaay spoke "Gauri, address me however you want to. No need to listen to this nak-chaddhi."

Gauri looked at Shivaay with an impressed look, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

This time, Rudra played saviour for Shivaay and said, "I know exactly why Ani is angry!"

"Why?" The other three asked curiously.

With a wink, Rudra disclosed the secret, "Because she is burning!"

Om burst into laughter while Shivaay and Anika smiled, the latter quickly frowning. Gauri only looked at them in confusion.

"He means Anika is jealous." Om provided and Gauri looked at him gratefully. And maybe even awestruck.

"Chee, Rudy Bhaiya, that's such a stupid joke."

"She is jealous that we aren't calling her Bhabhi? Haina, Bhabhi?" Rudra grinned mischievously.

"But, burning? Really?" Gauri whined.