Chapter 8

"K-"

Shivaay was dazed for a few minutes while Om and Rudra could only stare at him, waiting for someone to break the silence.

"Om, Rudra, I am so sorry guys I am a bit tired. We'll talk in the morning. The movie drained me and I have a meeting in the morning."

Rudra frowned at that. "Waah! Now even you are tired."

"Rudra, I think Shivaay and Anika are having pre-wedding jitters or something. We should leave them for now." Om suggested to which Shivaay smiled gratefully.

"Thanks! We will talk tomorrow for sure." Shivaay smiled softly as Om and Rudra left the room.

The moment they were gone, Shivaay let the smile grow.

Oh My God! Did that really happen?

As the glow spread on his face, Shivaay's brain replayed the kiss again and again. It was so momentary, he wondered if it was even true.

Anika's dazed state said it was!

He could not contain his excitement at the prospect of Anika having initiated a kiss which was not something best friends would share. He did not know when he hugged the pillow tight, letting his body calm down.

As he slowly came to terms, he realised he hadn't reacted a bit and that would probably give away another meaning to Anika. Deciding that it wasn't too late, he got up from the bed, wanting to talk to Anika.

He walked towards her room, wondering what he would say to her.

I was way too shocked to react at that time but to be honest, I really want to kiss you. Again.

He cringed at how weird it sounded. He stopped in his tracks.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

I hope you had fun kissing me, which wasn't really a kiss, considering you pulled away way too soon? Ugh!

Taking deep, calming breaths, he smiled. Let's see her first!

As he knocked the door, he heard some shuffling and then loud snoring. It took a few seconds for him to realise what was happening.

"Nautanki." He muttered to himself, smiling fondly.

Then, as if it hit him once again, he grinned.

Anika kissed him and was now shy to talk to him!

Trying to contain his excitement, he walked towards his room with fast paced steps. Shutting the doors behind him, he leaned against them and grinned. Even now, he hadn't completely wrapped his mind around the fact that Anika Trivedi, the girl he loved, had kissed him, missing out on her favourite movie.

Another addition to his list of achievements tonight, topping her priority list!

Shivaay wondered from where these teenage schoolgirl-ish reactions were coming, like him nervously tapping his foot, the smile with a hint of red on his cheeks, the heartbeats that raced yet again at the mere thought.

-
The next morning, when Shivaay came to the dining table for breakfast, he was not surprised on not finding Anika. Usually when they watched the movie, Shivaay would catch an extra hour of sleep and Anika would catch an extra 'couple' of hours. Maybe three or four.

"Bhaiya, this is earlier than usual!" Priyanka commented.

Shivaay only smiled at her before leaving for Anika's room.